Double Skillet

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by Munchie, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Steph got one of these at Stratford. Any recipes anyone? Also if you have one what is your opinion please? :Smile:

2. Gonewiththewind

Gonewiththewind Read Only Funster

Why didn't you get the recipe book at the same time? Only a fiver.

Don

3. Gonewiththewind

4. Munchie

We did! :BigGrin: Sometimes people come up with their own recipes which can often be better than the books. :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gonewiththewind

Sorry, I just use as an oven or pans . I have made bread and scones (I have a sweet tooth). Saves carrying assortment of pans etc.
    Just watch the heat, only needs the gentelest of heat.

Don

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

A good buy Ken.:thumb: We wouldn't be without ours.
    No special recipies from us I'm afraid, but we find the heat diffuser a worthwhile purchase.

7. Munchie

Yep, got that as well. :thumb: Steph can spend money as if I was still making it. :Rofl1:

8. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

We have one, but as Mrs KSE knows its only the females in our van that get to do any cooking, Im too busy consuming alcohol and watching sport.:Wink:

However NIKKI SAYS, that she is well impressed with hers. No recipies im afraid but we are hoping that after the B&B meet we might be able to get some together. We find it especially useful when we are skiing and to heat pies and that sort of thing. We have (sorry Nikki has) even cooked a roast in it.:thumb:

9. tonybrightspark

tonybrightspark Read Only Funster

Not used ours yet but got the egg poacher insert at Peterborough at weekend.

tonybrightspark

10. geofliz

geofliz Read Only Funster

We have had ours for three years, we have two in the motorhome one, large one small and a large one at home. As I do the cooking I must say that I would not be without. I never use the oven at all, I do all of the roasts in them complete chickens and roast potatoes are a doddle! As for recipes just do what you think, as it is just like an oven use it like one. My latest creation is a Weetabix cake. It does take a while to cook though. Have fun using it and enjoy!! :thumb::thumb:

11. JJ

JJ Funster

I use mine a lot... brilliant for reheating surplus Chinese takeaways...

JJ

12. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Use ours all the time cook everything from a joint of lamb, toasties, jacket potatoes, but one of my new favourites is potoato wedges, what I do is put a circle of Bako glide on the top and bottom of the pan then put the potato wedges or chunks of carrots sweet potato put just a drop of olive oil onthem and a pit of salt and pepper or any other seasoning you want, put the pans together, once the pans are hot turn them down quite low and keep turning, they are healthy and delicious and a change from ordinary potato. Carol.

13. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Salmon is brilliant done in a DS. Place skin side down. Once it's opaque at the top it's cooked to perfection.

Graham

14. Mandaxxx

Mandaxxx Read Only Funster

Recipes????
    Just use your imagination, you will find you can cook just about anything in them, I got two-one in the house & one in MH. if you fancy a fruit cake it's a bit fiddly but can be done. I don't bother with a frying pan anymore-saves space.
    I have Double skillet, Remoska and a big pan for the seafood/mussels.
    Let me know if you want details for fruit cake.

15. Mandaxxx

Did this last night very tasty.
    Take skins off sausages and break each sausage into about 3 or 4 pieces.
    Scrub a large potato or a couple of smaller one and chop into chunks-not too big.
    Peel & chop a large cooking apple, not too small or it will disappear.
    I used a jar of Tomato and Garlic Pasta Sauce, but a can of Chopped Tomatoes and some crushed Garlic will bo ok, you don't have to use the garlic.
    Pepper & salt. I never use salt intentionally.
    Chop an onion & fry in a little oil till just starting to brown, add the potatoes, sausages, seasoning and the tomatoes & garlic or sauce stir well keep on a med heat, add Apple & stir in get it to a good heat-just starting to bubble. Turn down to lowest setting put top pan on and cook for about 20 mins, stir once or twice-the more you remove the lid the more heat you loose.
    It will be cooked when the potatoes and apple are soft. if it's too wet leave lid off and turn heat up for a few mins but watch it doesn't burn.:thumb:

Right now I'm trying Shortcake, I will post my results-sorry tho you won't get to eat it!

16. john-A

john-A Read Only Funster

Size?

Sorry to hijack the thread but do you have a 8” or 9”:Blush:

17. Mandaxxx

My Double Skillet is the large one 9 inch. I have done a 'boiled' fruit cake twice now but takes quite a long time and you could end up with a burnt bottom-the cake not you personally!!!!
    :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Has anyone got a 'Diablo' it's a toasted sandwich maker, makes smallish round sandwiches-used in the flame on top of the cooker! Great fun and very handy for snacks.

18. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Hi there. I'm really tempted to get either a remoska or a double skillet. Can anybody tell me which is best and which size DS I should get for the two of us. I would get a standard remoska if I go in that direction.

I can also see that the DS would be useful if you don't have EHU but maybe the remoska would be better if you always have EHU. Hmmm - quandrary.

Ivy

QUOTE=Manda;295513]Recipes????
    Just use your imagination, you will find you can cook just about anything in them, I got two-one in the house & one in MH. if you fancy a fruit cake it's a bit fiddly but can be done. I don't bother with a frying pan anymore-saves space.
    I have Double skillet, Remoska and a big pan for the seafood/mussels.
    Let me know if you want details for fruit cake.[/QUOTE]

19. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

never had the DS but have a grand ramoska.

unless you plan on only 'liquid' meals...stews etc...i think the standard ramoska is too small for two at 8" wide.
    the grand is 12.5" wide

you can get a whole chicken and roast tatties in the grand ramoska and it roasts a lot quicker and just as thoroughly than an oven. :thumb:

20. Munchie

We have both. Never used the Remoska since we got the d skillet.
    we have the large one as we do all in stews, minces,sphag bols in it luvverly. Chuck everything in, tatties, cauli, broccoli, peppers and mince and simmer on the lowest gas possible with the diffuser. Brill. :thumb: