Dometic Mini Heki Rooflight ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Last edited:

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Jim, think I've got one in vgc I took out of a previous van you are welcome to. Can bring to Lincoln if of use.

Regards Richard

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi.. thanks.. generous offer .. but not going to Lincoln

is it a Mini Heki and if so could you check the frame size..will it fit in a 390 x 390 mm aperture ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
I fitted one in my 1996 544 over kitchen I think that was a 400 X 400 there are 2 types vented or non vented

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
I fitted a Mini Heki in the bedroom of my year 2000 b680 , it was tight but does fit.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
I'm going to replace the MPK rooflight in our bedroom (it has a broken strut and looks old) and was thinking of a Mini Heki ..

Any comments.. good or bad before I order ?

https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/v...-fixed-ventilation-for-roof-thickness-25-42mm

Question for Hymer owners who have replaced this window..

the roof cutout is 390 x 390mm .. does a standard 400x400 window fit ?
A couple of momths ago I replaced 2 on my Rapido.
As your's, I'm pretty sure the internal measurements of the hole was about 390 and the 400 slipped in okay.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
In anticipation of the Heki being delivered this afternoon, I removed the old window this morning..hardest part was cleaning off the old mastic.. steel scraper, then a rag soaked in white spirit saw it cleaned..

Window delivered on time..

First snag.. the 390 x 390 mm roof hole was too small, no way would it squeeze in.. it really does need a 400 x 400mm hole

so out with the jigsaw and enlarged it to 400 mm .. only cut 10 mm off two sides to make the job easier..

Next snag, I had planned on using W4 mastic on a roll, but the Heki flange is quite narrow and has a channel for mastic.. so a good seal wouldn't have been easy.. the instructions said use a non setting mastic in a tube.. and sods law, I had no mastic in my shed..:rolleyes:

No caravan dealers near me so went to Jewson and found a non setting , non drying mastic for sealing aluminium or PVC window frames to woodwork or metal..
10 year warranty and made by Bostic.. looks good so bought a tube.

Fitting was fairly straight forward.. but the instructions were over complicated.. I can never follow them, so once I had binned them it was plain sailing..

Am really pleased with it, what a difference form the old dull orange coloured window.. it has really brightened the bed area up.. and will be able to watch stars when lying in bed.. nowt else to do is there :LOL:

Next job.. boom arm tables.. :cool:

couple of pics..

IMG_0332.jpg IMG_0334.jpg IMG_0335.jpg

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread