Dometic GC100 thoughts?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ShiftZZ, Aug 20, 2013.

1. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

The Dometic gas checker GC 100 is an easy and lightweight tool to check the fill level of gas bottles. Weighing just 25 grams, the practical device can tell in just a few seconds how full – or empty – a gas bottle is.

The Gas checker to use: simply press the probe horizontally to various points on the bottle wall and watch the indicator light.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODyrl9N7Guc"]Dometic GasChecker GC100 Anwendungsfilm - YouTube[/ame]

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

£28.99? I think I'll stick with the gauges built in to the Alugas bottles :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. jimothy

jimothy Read Only Funster

Quite nifty.

Although it doesn't appear to work on beat up and rusty cylinders, which discounts most of the exchanges I've had from flogas :Wink:

4. steevie

steevie Funster

if you fill your own cylinders, its gonna save some money, as you have to empty out any remaining gas to be able to calculate the 80% fill level, and they never run off just as you finish your trip, but you then need to fill again before next time. Weighing the cylinder with a bathroom scale doesnt seem to be very accurate.