Dometec 7655L fridge freezer

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Mikey RV, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Mikey RV

Mikey RV Funster

Urgent urgent.......went to have a cool beer yesterday, not as cool as should be then relized fridge not cold and freezer stuff starting to defrost. Put it on to gas over night and it's staying cool but not as cold as should be. We have a good fridge thermometer in there and it's not in the safe zone. Any ideas please before I have a mish mash of food and warm beer today. :BigGrin:

2. laneside

laneside Funster

I take it you are electric hook up

3. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

So it doesn't work at all on 240v but works after a fashion on gas?

I can only suggest checking the vents are clear, no leaves or mice nesting in there.

4. Mikey RV

Mikey RV Funster

On hook up, all vents clear, no smells or leaks. Is working on elec and gas but only to a cool temp no where cold enough as it should be, and seems better on gas slightly.

5. StitchUp

StitchUp Read Only Funster

I have heard the knob (and I mean that most politely folks) that controls the temperature can fail, sometimes corrected with a quick turning backward and forward several times or use an electrical contact spray to clean the tracks in the switch.

I only discovered this as I've been researching why my Dometic fridge has failed on gas and I've read most posts on most forums and it still doesn't work :Angry:

6. Silkcut1105

Silkcut1105 Funster Life Member

Dometec 7655L fridge

u could have a blockage in the system, the amonia in the system might have crystalised the only thing to do is take the fridge out of the van turn it upside down for 48 hours and then refit it and keep your fingers crossed.

7. MikeD

MikeD Funster

Have you got to much in it. These fridges appear to like lots of spare room internally to work well

:thumb::thumb:

8. Mikey RV

Mikey RV Funster

No not a lot in there at all, about 60%. It is working on gas but not keeping the temp up everything is just cool instead of cold.

9. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

thermostat on the fins in the back of the fridge either been knocked off or has failed? both will give the same symptoms. ammonia separation would not be so sudden from experience

10. Mikey RV

Mikey RV Funster

Ok thanks for all your help guys. I have checked all the above, including turning temp control switch back and forth, and waggled the thermostat in the fridge and YIPPPPEEEE it's working again, my beer is cold. So just got to find out if/ where I can get a new thermostat and if I can fit myself, but for now all ok. Thanks again for your input. :thumb:

• Like Like x 2