Dome or Dish (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer T class
Exp
I am wondering about having satalite dish fitted or dome - any advice on best system please
hoping to explore Europe in future - UK until we get used to our new van

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There's a third option, the Snipe, which is open like a dish but appears to be better in high winds. We've got a basic wind-up Maxview dish and it works fine. A dome system is convenient but they add quite a bit of hight to the vehicle and reception is generally a bit poorer than a dish.

Remember you can't get BBC in most of Europe.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
There have been several similar threads on the subject, I think "best" could be relative to personal opinion/experience/requirements etc. Here is an example of a similar recent thread:-

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/aerial-dome-for-easy-uk-tv-viewing.125124/

If you type "dish dome" in the search facility, I suspect you will get a lot of hits.

We had a Camos dome on our first van, which worked ok. We went a bit cheaper on our current can with a Snipe panel/dish which has been good for the 12 months or so we've had it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lamyj
Feb 15, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer T class
Exp
No will not be accepting their offer - but looking to book in with Vanbitz to have alarm - Gaslow & dish or dome installed
Already messed them about by cancelling date on 7th April because of issues with TravelWorld
Will have a Hymer by August so hoping to book in with James either before their 3 week break or immediately after

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back