Dogs in Motorhomes

Discussion in 'Pets' started by camocam1, Jun 25, 2013.

1. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

I am parked up in a campsite in North Wales, came back about 4pm and new van parked next to us.
    Dog straight up at the window looking for its owners, they arrive about 5 and leave again about 6pm (dog not walked) still NOT back.
    So why tie a dog with you if you can't be bothered to see to it !!!!
    Sorry I just can't stand people who do not see to their pets

2. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

I am with you, if you take a dog in the mh well look after it and walk it.

We take our dog with us every time we use the mh and the little tart comes with us ever place we go! :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mrs Bluemooner

Mrs Bluemooner Read Only Funster

I agree... Leave them at home if you can't be bothered with them... not the dogs fault!!!

4. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

We have 2 dogs.
    Well loved Border Terriers 16 and 4 years old . But they don't go everywhere with us. We do leave them in the motorhome. :Eeek::Eek!:
    Just like we leave them at home when we go out. They are dogs .
    Not children. It is allowed.

• Like Like x 7
  5. camocam1

I do not have a problem with dogs being left in MH BUT they need to be walked !!! I have had several dogs and take my daughters dog with me But alwAys make sure it is walked etc before I go out and as its now 9pm and not back yet !! I would never ever leave her this long !!! Sorry it's neglect as far as I'm concerned

• Like Like x 5
  6. Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad Read Only Funster

Don't worry - they'll walk the dog when you've gone to bed.

Just don't tread in the wee and the sh*t around your MH when you go out in the morning!

opp5opp5opp5opp5opp5opp5

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

some people treat dogs and other animals as belongings, which they choose to look after only when it suits them. the same people see their dog as protection for their other property when they go and leave them to it.

I'm not saying it's wrong to occasionally leave the dogs in the van or at home for a few hours. but see to the dog's needs first before going out and first when you come back. they rely on you to "allow" them to exercise and attend to their toilet requirements. how would they like being shut in a hot van without a toilet break or anything to occupy their minds.

some people just shouldn't have animals in their life as they just cant be bothered with the responsibility it brings. I also disagree immensely with people "owning" animals....just like people used to own slaves. we share our lives with animals that become friends and family. they are living breathing creatures with a spirit just as we are

• Like Like x 9
  8. camocam1

Neighbours just arrived back so hooefuly the poor sole will get out soon, will not know as heading off to bed as have early start in the morning and there is a 5.15 train goes past site 10 yards from my pitch

9. ukbill

ukbill Funster

i leave my dogs for days whats the problem he has a fridge full of food a cooker and a toilet and if he wants he can run up and down the van :Smile:

• Like Like x 5
  10. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

If we have no dogs with us we go out and get rat arsed, if we have our dogs we stay in and get rat arsed.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

hope he tidy's up before you get back.:Cool:

12. stevensson10

stevensson10

dogs

weve brought four kids up and now they've flown the nest wouldn't dream of having dogs or any animals for that matter .taking the dog for a walk and having to clean its mess up is just not on how do you clean its mess theres bound to be mess still there and what do you do when it wants to wee how do you clean that up .we go to the park for walks and see dog mess all over the place its disgusting. the only dogs that are worth their salt is is police dogs blind dogs working dogs if your a dog lover you should keep your dog on your own premises and not let them foul public places.steve:Angry:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

Dog comes with us for a drink or meal if at all possible. A lot of pubs are happy to have a dog in the bar but not in the resturant bit, that suits us fine. Sometimes though after a busy day, I think she is grateful to be left alone for a bit and have a good snooze.

• Like Like x 8
  14. ROB1CHELSEA1

ROB1CHELSEA1 Funster

Haganap keeps a Bear in his motorhome:Eeek: and it doesn't scare me:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

What's not to say they went for a very long walk for a few hours before going to the site you were on ? If that was the case our dogs , even the young one would sleep for hours . We often leave our 16 year old dog by herself , as she can't walk too far now. Of course we take them to pubs when we can , they love to go. But we don't let having a dog stop us going to places we want to go to either. The dog owners you are posting about would probably be mortified if they thought you were accusing them of cruelty and neglect .
    Plus leaving an unwalked non toileted dog for hours on end in a MH , is asking for trouble , of the smelly shredded kind:Wink:

• Like Like x 6
  16. ukbill

ukbill Funster

only thing my dog aint learnt and that's how to empty the toilet and if he has the lazy git aint told me :Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 3
  17. keithcdb

keithcdb Read Only Funster

Your dog should be treated as part of the family as an equal, I do understand that they have to be left to chill when they cant be welcomed ect but if you are pooping back to the van a wee walk is not to much to ask for?

I will be taking our youngest on our second trip and she will be a part of the holiday not just a passenger :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Oh dear.

Live and let live eh?:Doh:

• Like Like x 10
  19. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Ah well time to go to bed and leave our dogs to look after themselves for 7 hours :Eeek::Doh:

• Like Like x 6
  20. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Bad person.:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1