dogs in croatia

Discussion in 'Pets' started by spongy, Jul 4, 2013.

1. spongy

spongy Read Only Funster

We are intending to go to Croatia in August for 9 weeks and will be taking our dog with us as usual. Anybody else taken their dog to Croatia and did you have any problems. I have read some adverse comments regarding their treatment of dogs, was there any restrictions.

Any advice would be welcome

spongy

2. Southampton

Southampton Funster Life Member

We went to Croatia in May with my sister in law who took their dog with them. They had no problems and everywhere we went they were very dog friendly especially at the sites we went to. Many people had their pets with them. I do not think you should be concerned....Derek

3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

the attitude of locals towards dogs generally in some countries leaves a lot to be desired. they dont consider a dog or other animal to be a treasured pet like most do in the uk. however they do treasure the tourist pounds/euro/whatever currency, so will show some respect to visiting pets. it really does show the difference in culture, and some situations you might see you could find offensive.

you and your pets should be fine though, just keep them safe and dont use their kennel facilities or leave dogs chained up outside.

4. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

we were in croatia early this year no problems we were warned that ticks are a danger so make sure your dog is tick proofed before you go