dogs in croatia (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
We are intending to go to Croatia in August for 9 weeks and will be taking our dog with us as usual. Anybody else taken their dog to Croatia and did you have any problems. I have read some adverse comments regarding their treatment of dogs, was there any restrictions.

Any advice would be welcome

spongy

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We went to Croatia in May with my sister in law who took their dog with them. They had no problems and everywhere we went they were very dog friendly especially at the sites we went to. Many people had their pets with them. I do not think you should be concerned....Derek

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the attitude of locals towards dogs generally in some countries leaves a lot to be desired. they dont consider a dog or other animal to be a treasured pet like most do in the uk. however they do treasure the tourist pounds/euro/whatever currency, so will show some respect to visiting pets. it really does show the difference in culture, and some situations you might see you could find offensive.

you and your pets should be fine though, just keep them safe and dont use their kennel facilities or leave dogs chained up outside.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we were in croatia early this year no problems we were warned that ticks are a danger so make sure your dog is tick proofed before you go

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back