Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I quite agree with you that each type of site has its place and how annoying it is when a irresponsible dog owner fails to pick up after his pet or who fails to keep their dog under control, I was merely pointing out that I personally prefer dogs, with regard to your comments about what kids do not do it is only fair to say what dogs do not do.
They do not ride bicycles around the site and toilet blocks as fast as they can screaming and shouting all the way.
When they arrive on site they do not get a football out and start kicking it around other vans and invariably hitting other vans and then the parents say "it's only kids having fun"
They don't go into the toilet block and stuff anything down the toilets, the site I am on at the moment are still repairing damage caused by children in August and had to warn some parents that they would be evicted from the site if they did not control their children
But as you say each to their own

There will always be unruly kids, as there will always be uncontrolled dogs.
Not all dog owners leave shit, just as not all kids are uncontrolled vandals.
Some folk don't like kids, some folk don't like dogs.
Me, I have nothing against dogs as such, I just don't like dog shit, yapping little dogs and being jumped on by dogs who want to be my friend.

Most dog owners don't pick shit up, despite protestations of those who may do so.
The amount of crap about the place where dogs are is testament to that.

My preference would be no dogs rather than no kids, so we cancel each other out.
The OP is asking for a list of dog free sites, let's get back to that and leave our preferences for another time, eh?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you don't like to see dog sh*t all over the place then do NOT come to Portugal ... from what we've seen lying around, and from those walking their dogs, the natives rarely clear it up. Yesterday one pooped right next to the children's playground and the older owner knew it had done it, he then went over to talk to his friend who was pushing his child/grandchild I assume on the swings ... if they won't do anything about it when they have kids around then it's no wonder the kids don't bother either!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 28, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Converted Renault Master
Exp
6 years
Us too! as an ex door to door delivery person I just don't like them. Wish there were more dog free sites or at least a "non dog" field on multi field sites. Even Google is dog obsessed, just put in "sites that do not allow dogs" and what do you get? page after page of "dog friendly" listings. If they were quiet, didn't approach me (which they couldn't if they were actually kept on a short lead....) and didn't use my wheels or pitch area as a toilet maybe they wouldn't bother me.

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
I have just received in my email the latest posting for this old post.

I have a dog related incident from last year. We were walking along the quay side at Brixham, a nice warm sunny day, enjoying looking at the large and small boats in the harbour. People walking there pets enjoying life, when my eye was taken from the quay to a bench seat, a sqeel from a woman sitting there, I stumbled over and seriously injured my left big toe, ripping apart the skin.

Okay I was seriously injured, however, the woman who was sitting on the bench was allergic to dogs if they brushed along side her that would apparently cause her to come out in a severe rash, it was this that caused the commotion that caused yours truly to stumble.

I wonder if any dog owners would be aware of this happening if there dog happened to brush up against someone who could have a violent reaction as she had. Makes you wonder eh.

I was nursed by a very kind lady who was walking her two dogs, and put my toe together with plaster. Her husband held the two dogs while she busied herself preventing me from bleeding everywhere.

So two separate dog things happened at close times.

Now for another one, not MH related but bike related, to be exact, motorcycle related. Coming home from bike club last Thursday, there was a 60's style scooter in front of me, two up travelling around 20mph, going through a small village of Oakley in Bedfordshire. I was doing a similar speed, when out of the blue a female who was walking her dog on one of these extendable leads, when the dog ran out into the road causing the rider and the passenger on the scooter to take drastic action to avoid the dog. I was well back and saw what happened, also how quickly the owner pulled her dog back, but it could have been too late if the dog had a large one, fortunately for her the dog was a small one. How I see it these extendable leads for dogs if set to auto extend can in some cases cause serious incidents if the dog suddenly decides to scamper off into the road. Fortunately there was no oncoming vehicle, otherwise things would have been very serious.

Your views as always welcome, go off topic as well, this can bring into force another view dimension as on page one.

Flook:cool:

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Contrary to belief, dogs do NOT like going walkies in the rain ... ours don't anyway! They'd just rather go out, do their stuff and run back in again! Of course you can get them waterproof coats and a 'doggy bag' for drying them off afterwards!

Our 2 are the same, quick wee and run back in

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
we have dogs and no young children. but like to think that we are considerate in our lives, with our dogs and our son and his pals when young. simple common courtesy sadly lacking in many these days.

and i don't consider extending leads to be courteous. train your dog.

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
Alas, alas, dog training seems to be lost on some so it appears. The only training (to me), is the owner remembering to pick up the dog pooo_O, and putting it in bins provided for. Even then they sling the poo bags over fences, into bushes etc.

It seems to me, the majority of MHF dog owners are sensible people, they seem to be very responsible and care for there owners, I say owners with a wry smile, as digs or dogs:D2 seem to think they own humans;).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back