Discover Leisure - warning

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by skillyb, Jul 13, 2009.

1. skillyb

skillyb Deleted User

Just ordered a mains unit form Discover leisure- via online store. When it arrived, box had been opened, the safety cover was missing and item had clearly been used. So the goods had been despatched in a dangerous and unsaleable condition. This was sold as a new item on the website. So far I have not had the promised replacement. I will not be ordering from this co in future and it seems from the attached link that they are in financial trouble :Angry:

FT.com / Companies / Travel & Leisure - Discover Leisure takes CVA route

2. savantuk

savantuk Read Only Funster

The Discover Leisure site in Cumbria (Barrons, Low Hesket) closed a couple of weeks ago with no warning, and all the staff were laid off!

It's a real pain, because they were the only place within 60 miles that will service/habitation check a motor caravan:Angry:

3. wmpswmps

wmpswmps Deleted User

Discover Leisure

I've been using Discover for my outdoor gear for quite a while now and I'm still yet to have any difficulties, I'm sure your problem was a one off or more probable it could be a delivery issue rather than discover themselves.

Many of the stores are closing down, with the main stores (York etc) remaining open, this will probably mean that the online part of the company will be up and running for a long time as it has no large fixed costs unlike a shop built with bricks and mortar.

I'm sure we'll still be able to buy our Camping equipment

Mike J - Hull

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2009
  4. walnut

walnut Read Only Funster

I give them 6 month tops, the words arse and elbow spring to mind.