Free Member
Apr 27, 2012
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2005
Does anyone know how to make the white filler they use on the joints of most motorhomes white again I've tried most things with no luck and it looks dirty all the time.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi David do you mean the sealant between panels on the outside ?
terry

OP
OP
D

David Parkes

Free Member
Apr 27, 2012
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2005
Hi terry thanks for answering and yes I do mean the sealant any ideas

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kayold

Free Member
Oct 23, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year M/H, caravans 20+ yrs
Soudal trade upvc frame cleaner should do the trick, cleans the silicone around the windows well, but try on a small area first! I'd wipe off after cleaning with soapy water as it has a strong smell!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Dave not knocking Kays Soudal,the Soudal is best used in a trigger gun spray -spray on wipe off with clean paper towel -use a empty kitchen cleaner spray as it will knacker the seals ::bigsmile: They do other brands of upvc cleaner if you cannot get Soudal -- not saying it will get all the crap off - but do NOT use any called Cosmofen :Eeek:this is super strength upvc cleaner and will take your paint off :Eeek:In the trade if the Soudal could not shift stubborn marks Cif cream would so try that :winky:--
Best bet to try is DUZZIT magic erazer from pound shops :thumb:that uses water and the sponge erazer :thumb::thumb:
IF that lot fail I would scrape off all the excess and mask up and reseal :thumb:::bigsmile:
It does not need the excess if you want to cut it off and leave :Smile: it just ozzes out when they make vans or the sun warms it up after making -use a Sharpe plastic wedge :Smile:or leave well alone and be like everyone else with mucky mastic ::bigsmile:
terry

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
autoglyms Caravan & Motorhome Cleaner is another good one...works on most things in the van ::bigsmile:

use a soft touthbrush with it around the seals and they come up good as new:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back