Dirty white

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by David Parkes, Jul 23, 2012.

1. David Parkes

David Parkes Read Only Funster

Does anyone know how to make the white filler they use on the joints of most motorhomes white again I've tried most things with no luck and it looks dirty all the time.

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi David do you mean the sealant between panels on the outside ?
    terry

3. David Parkes

David Parkes Read Only Funster

Hi terry thanks for answering and yes I do mean the sealant any ideas

4. Kay

Kay Read Only Funster

Soudal trade upvc frame cleaner should do the trick, cleans the silicone around the windows well, but try on a small area first! I'd wipe off after cleaning with soapy water as it has a strong smell!

5. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Dave not knocking Kays Soudal,the Soudal is best used in a trigger gun spray -spray on wipe off with clean paper towel -use a empty kitchen cleaner spray as it will knacker the seals :BigGrin: They do other brands of upvc cleaner if you cannot get Soudal -- not saying it will get all the crap off - but do NOT use any called Cosmofen :Eeek:this is super strength upvc cleaner and will take your paint off :Eeek:In the trade if the Soudal could not shift stubborn marks Cif cream would so try that :Wink:--
    Best bet to try is DUZZIT magic erazer from pound shops :thumb:that uses water and the sponge erazer :thumb::thumb:
    IF that lot fail I would scrape off all the excess and mask up and reseal :thumb::BigGrin:
    It does not need the excess if you want to cut it off and leave :Smile: it just ozzes out when they make vans or the sun warms it up after making -use a Sharpe plastic wedge :Smile:or leave well alone and be like everyone else with mucky mastic :BigGrin:
    terry

6. bungy

bungy Funster

autoglyms Caravan & Motorhome Cleaner is another good one...works on most things in the van :BigGrin:

use a soft touthbrush with it around the seals and they come up good as new:thumb: