dirty cushion covers

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gregjacqui, Feb 20, 2010.

1. gregjacqui

gregjacqui Read Only Funster

Hi my cushion covers are pretty grotty they have zips on and label saying 40 degree wash has aanyone tried

2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

No.. :Wink:

3. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

You will be ok with washing them at 40 and recommend that you dont do them on a very long wash. Take them off the cushions and close the zips before washing.

Also line dry them rather than putting them in the tumble dryer unless there is the symbol that says you can put them in the dryer.

4. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Does it give you a choice of Dry Cleaning them, if it does may be worth it, I would make sure you tell them you want them spot cleaned. If you prefer washing and the instructions say 40 I would put some vanish stain seeker in with the wash.

5. davejen

davejen Funster

We did ours recently, on a cool wash and then line-dried- came up great. Then wifey decided that the seat covers needed doing too, so took them off the foams, but couldent get them in the washer! I rang the manufacturers of the upholstery and was told to dry clean only. T ook them to local dry cleaners who saids that they should wash OK so we had them done. turned out brilliant and look so much better now.
    Hope this helps, Cheers, Dave:thumb:

6. kennygd

kennygd Read Only Funster

I put the cushions complete with covers in the wahing machine on 40degrees, no problems so far.
    Kennygd

7. jaygee

jaygee Funster

ours didn't have a label on but looked as if they'd wash OK so took a chance, low temp & short wash - came up really well. Bit of a wrestling match to get them back on though:Rofl1::Rofl1: