Digital TV changeover

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Johns_Cross_Motorhomes, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Be warned if your digital TV does not receive the usual channels this is due to the changeover this week

There is absolutely nothing you or a dealer can fo to rectify this, it should all be sorted by Thursday/Friday this week.

Once it has settled down just use the search facility on your TV to reload the channels.

Peter

2. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

We don't have channel 5 here in Wales so Sky is a godsend (the freebie one that is)

We should be turn over soon.

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

This is only in the Meridian area isn't it Peter? Shouldn't affect other areas should it?

Graham

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

To be honest I dont know! I live in Berkshire and i have problems plus its affecting the south coast and today crystal palace according to my wholesaler in Poole.

He is sending me more details so I will copy/paste.

Peter

5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Clicking on the regional map Here shows that work is due to take place in the Meridian area on Wednesday.

There are also details of when planned engineering work might cause problems Here.

Graham

6. ronald4874

ronald4874 Read Only Funster

Digital Change over

In Poole we have had a card saying that change over day is the 25th. The action is outlined on the card which will mean a little time invested in going through the motions. It all looks simple on paper hopefully my Sky Reception is not affected, but other sets on analogue will be, my son will have that problem on the 25th, I'm off to Spain again on 26th-- how lucky can you be.
    With a bit of luck those that like their TV's on holiday and can't adjust, will have to stay away from Poole area, so less traffic.

Now waiting for the flak!

Ron

7. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Digi reception where I am is dodgy to say the least.. I am on the fringe of two big transmitters and neither are stunning !
    With a 48 ele antenna, mast head preamp and set on a fairly loft pole I JUST about get an acceptable signal..
    With analogue if conditions go down I stil get a pitcure.
    With digital it simply drops out completely, so about 10% of the time we get a very intermittent service ..
    I wonder what would happen if I reduced my licence fee ( read tax fee ! ) by 10% after switch over ?
    I mean, obviously they, the powers that be, consider a ten percent loss of sercise acceptable so why not a 10% loss in revinue :BigGrin:

( oh, and we get changed over in 2011 some time )