jennymaywright

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Can anyone give us some advice on tuning chips? We have a Peugeot Boxer 1900cc diesel which pulls fine until we attempt larger hills. We were wondering if we had a tuning chip fitted, whether this would improve the performance on hills. If so, would it increase the fuel consumption?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I had my previous van remapped that had the same engine.
Performance will be amazing,
however, fuel consumption did not increase as it was driven like a race car following the re-map.

I have just had my current van remapped by WOW tuning, beautiful smooth power delivery, bags more torque on towing the toad, but , yet to see a fuel economy improvement as I have not really tested it, but towing the toad appears to get more economy than before.

If you have it done, give WOW a go, they are advertisers on here and were really nice guys that done mine and very helpful.

OP
OP
J

jennymaywright

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi Haganap

That's very helpful. Thanks very much. Its a lot of money to lay out and we want to be as sure as we can that we're going to get some worthwhile benefit from having it done. Sounds good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Also had my Ducato 2.3 remapped by Wow last year. I am very pleased with the results. If you have the remap implemented at a show then you will normally get it for a discounted price from Wow. Also note that other companies do offer this type of service, but make sure they are reputable and have a backup service (see thread below which may answer some of your questions).

I did a survey asking for opinion before I had mine done. Here is the link to it.

Link Removed

Also if you do a search there are many other threads on the topic.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We had our 2ltr JTD re-mapped by Celtic Tuning-they came to us,did it in 1/2hr-it's great::bigsmile:

Mike.

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
just had it done too

Just spotted this post, we had our MH & the Merc done today! ::bigsmile:

Off for the W/E in a mo so will report back and let you know how much better it is, I hope :Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
a word of warning to all you 'chippers'

dont forget to tell your insurers you've had it chipped.

some aint bothered but some are, and in the event of a claim they may refuse to honour it.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
My terrano van is 'rumoured' to be remapped - but as I have no proof I cannot really inform anyone accurately.

But for a vehicle that is reputed to be slow - it goes like fair stinkum!

I wonder how many used vehicle owners are running chipped vehicles without knowing?

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi.
Have a look at energytuning.co.uk. I have fitted one to my 2.2 fiat and it works fine. Choose settings for economy,BHP or torque, or comdie all.
£199.00

Regards ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back