Tour Guide Wanted Dieppe to Murcia (1 Viewer)

Jul 7, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Hi everyone. We are planning a trip to Murcia but using the Newhaven Dieppe ferry. We have had a look at Tonka’s Western route and are looking at a similar route but we’ve been researching some year round campsites on our way through France. The ones we are thinking about are Camping Larrouleta, Camping Le Moulin and Hiriberria. Has anyone used these on the way to Spain and are there any other sites with facilities and ideally a restaurant and bar.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi tap6699.

We too use tonka's Western Route on the way down, and his Eastern Route on the way back up.
We don't do campsites on either route, but if wishing to dine out, (expensive in France), we do locally to the Aire de Camping Car.

A lot depends on the time of year you are travelling, as most sites are closed from October through to April, and many Aires shut off their water supplies.
We drive down Jan to March, but with a full tank of water, arriving in the Benidorm/Alicante area within 5 x days, ready to refill. You can do it in 2 - 3 x days from Calais with 2 x drivers, but as I am the only driver, my passenger (quite rightly), gets bored after 4 - 5 hours of travelling per day, hence the 5 x day journey.

HTH,

Jock. :)

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
Can certainly recommend la roulleta. Open all year right near the border and walking distance from a massive le clerks. Free fishing lake on site full of 1lbish carp but restaurant pricey(it is still in France ) just.
Dennis

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I travel to Murcia a lot but have never done it in winter, which is what you appear to be after. I always take a route via Rouen, Chartres, Tours, Poitiers, then either Bordeaux & camping Lauretta or via Somport Tunnel either way to Zaragoza, Valencia then Murcia.

Below is something a friend once gave me for his winter route to Spain with a caravan. I’m not familiar with any of those sites and the info is quite old from 2016 so you would need to check.
……………………………

Here's our route from Calais:
1. Soissons - Camping Municipal -164 miles
2. Beaune - Camping les Bouleaux - 250 miles
3. Nimes - Camping Domaine de la Bastide - 272 miles
4. le Barcares - Camping Club Europa - 156 miles or Les Olivers at Le Boulou.
5.Hospitalet de L'infante ( south of Barcelona) - Camping Cala d'Oques - 200 miles. (not in ACSI, but they give a discount to card holders)

None of them bookable but open all year. No3 has changed from a 'municipal' to private and have upped their prices. It's hopefully improving but ok as an overnight stop.

Head for St Quentin,Soissions, Reims,Troyes,Dijon, Lyon (Rocade Est to Marseille), then Nimes, Montpellier, Narbonne, Perpignan. Barcelona then Valencia. Needless to say, don't enter any of these cities, just use them as indications of which routes to follow.

Yes.... Camping Monaco Parc at Longny-au-Perche and Camping du Perche, nearby, at Fontaine-Simon are open all year. They are south west of Dreux / north east of Chartres. We have stayed at both - in January at the former; in March at the latter. Jude

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back