Diddly Squat Farm and Bicester Outlet Village (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Thinking of a distraction on the way « up Norf » after arriving in the UK next week and came up with this idea 🫣 one may cost me a lot of money (i’m the one paying with 3 ladies in tow) and one may be a waste of time, then again both might just be expensive and crap😂

Anyone comment, has been ? I’m sure many have to the 2nd option but wondered about parking there with a van ? I assume that shouldn’t be an issue at DSF ? Notice there’s only a cafe at DSF now as the resto has been closed down, shame.

:thanks3:

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
My advice is to avoid Bicester Village like the plague. It's not especially nice to visit and is full of over-priced tatt and hordes of tourists. The 'ordinary' shopping mall and garden centre almost next door is much nicer! If you're into designer villages MacArthur Glenn in Swindon is FAR better. Better range of shops, better parking, shops are undercover in an historic building.

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Bicester Village is very expensive, and I dont think you will be able to park the larger motorhome there. As Tonks has said the Garden centre ( I think its called Bicester Avenue ) is much better , besides the garden centre there is a restaurant and a coffee shop, food and drink hall plus some other shops.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Bicester has designer stuff marked down from £200 to £150 and for which you would normally pay £50 tops.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
We have been to the Diddly Squat Farmshop (we were staying on the C&CC site next door) and my advice would be not to bother. It is a really small shop with not much in it, and what was in it was quite expensive

Cheers

Trevor

Sep 2, 2020
Ladybarn, Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Call in at mine.......I promise to be cheaper than DSF :roflmto:

At NO extra charge I can take you round the corner to see the ugliest building in Manchester

toast.jpg

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
If you're into designer villages MacArthur Glenn in Swindon is FAR better. Better range of shops, better parking, shops are undercover in an historic building.

You could go to the train museum as well, it’s worth a wander around 😊

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Overall DSF sounds like it’s not worth it and Bicester sounds like it’s positively worth avoiling😂 glad i checked 👍🏻

Bury market and black pudding shopping it is for the girls then😍
Altrincham Market is a favourite of mine, it has a great food court amongst other attractions
Not sure about parking a motorhome though

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
DSF is worth a look and there is a ccc site literally yards from it. Maybe wise to book in there is they have space as it gets rammed and vehicles parked everywhere and the queue to get in the shop or some cow juice can easy get to an hour. Depends how big.your van is I suppose. We stayed and walked across early.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Interesting program a few years ago about outlet centres. Although the top brand items look like a good discount they are especially made for the outlet shops. Same style and looks but lighter weight poorer quality materials so you are not getting the same product as sold on the high street.
Seems like a bargain but it's not.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Interesting program a few years ago about outlet centres. Although the top brand items look like a good discount they are especially made for the outlet shops. Same style and looks but lighter weight poorer quality materials so you are not getting the same product as sold on the high street.
And also usually an outlet for all end of line last season gear and or slight seconds.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Will be up around there the following week, Stockport then Lancaster👍🏻
Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet at Ellesmere Port - we parked in the coach area when we called in on the way home.
Altrincham Market is a favourite of mine, it has a great food court amongst other attractions
Not sure about parking a motorhome though
We stayed at Delamere ccc and got the train from station next to site to Altrincham and back.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
If you are heading oop norf why not try Fleetwood, you get a couple of aires on the front for overnighting, a market and a small designer outlet village and a great run up the A588 to Lancaster

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012

Often wondered that and your post confirms it, looks similar enough to get you to spend but in the end inferior product 😔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back