dg1

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by dg1, Dec 12, 2012.

1. dg1

dg1 Read Only Funster

Hi.
    My wife and I are thinking of buying a motorhome. We actually only need two berths ourselves, but we would like to be able to loan it to my son and his wife who have three children. They are regular canvas campers, and would be happy to use a tent alongside the Campervan for the kids to sleep in. However they would need a total of five seats with belts for travel. I have looked at various advertisements for used vehicles and am rather confused by the descriptions given. Does a vehicle with "three berths and four belted seats" mean that there are four belted seats in addition to the driver and passenger. Could someone explain, please?
    Many thanks
    dg1

2. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

3 and 4 belted seats include driver and front passenger i.e. in total. :Smile:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  3. Phill D

Phill D

I am happy to be corrected... but if you want fully belted seats your biggest choice is likely to be non uk build vans. Often uk vans will be classed as 4 berth , 2 belted seats, that means 2 in the back travel unbelted and that is another debate.

I only know of 1 off hand that has 5 belts and that is an Adria, i
    There probably others.
    As mentioned above the total of belted seats includes driver and passenger.

4. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi and welcome thought with your name you might be a neighbour :Rofl1::Rofl1:

5. pendy

pendy Read Only Funster

Hi we have a CI Carioca 6 berth with 6 belted seats, the 2 rear facing seats in the mid dining area are only lap belts, not 3 point harnesses as the other 4 are. HTH.