Dec 12, 2012
Cambs
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet.
Exp
n/a
Hi.
My wife and I are thinking of buying a motorhome. We actually only need two berths ourselves, but we would like to be able to loan it to my son and his wife who have three children. They are regular canvas campers, and would be happy to use a tent alongside the Campervan for the kids to sleep in. However they would need a total of five seats with belts for travel. I have looked at various advertisements for used vehicles and am rather confused by the descriptions given. Does a vehicle with "three berths and four belted seats" mean that there are four belted seats in addition to the driver and passenger. Could someone explain, please?
Many thanks
dg1

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I am happy to be corrected... but if you want fully belted seats your biggest choice is likely to be non uk build vans. Often uk vans will be classed as 4 berth , 2 belted seats, that means 2 in the back travel unbelted and that is another debate.

I only know of 1 off hand that has 5 belts and that is an Adria, i
There probably others.
As mentioned above the total of belted seats includes driver and passenger.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
Hi we have a CI Carioca 6 berth with 6 belted seats, the 2 rear facing seats in the mid dining area are only lap belts, not 3 point harnesses as the other 4 are. HTH.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back