OP
OP
R
Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Not sure why I am bothering to answer you, but you are wrong in this case, the sovereign range ALL included awning as standard.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OP
OP
R
Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Probably, especially with the silly little oven! :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Our last motorhome had a big cooker with oven, separate grill, three gas rings and one electric. However it was at the expense of a lot of kitchen storage space. We now have a small combined oven and grill which is at the expense of only one drawer. We find the smaller one works very well and haven’t missed the big one. These are choices you make when you choose a motorhome. If it is already on the dealers forecourt there are likely to be some compromises. With our latest purchase we specified exactly what we wanted but had to wait 8 months for it, it was worth wating.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Just looked at some burster models, they tend to have different garage doors and windows (different positions) so Thule are a 3rd party supplier (or Famia)then given that not all Burstner's have an awning then a smaller number of people want a privacy room, and an even smaller number who want holes / zip access, you would really be looking at a custom product for those who want it. So it would be nice business for someone and would cost £k's

OP
OP
R
Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Lucky to get an oven in a German van. :ROFLMAO:

Hmmm, oven was probably a generous description! It is a grill with some kind of oven capability but no marking for temperature, so will be purely guess work if I ever use it!

To be honest my caravan had a grill and a large oven, in the three years we owned it we never used the oven once, so this combined unit will probably work out just fine, just a shame I have no idea of the temperature.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hmmm, oven was probably a generous description! It is a grill with some kind of oven capability but no marking for temperature, so will be purely guess work if I ever use it!
Easy do as you would do with any Motorhome oven.
Turn on full blast.
Wait ½ hr.
Put food in cook for double the time you normally would.
After eating Luke warm food, take panel above the oven out and repair melted wiring stuipid manufacturer as run in the cavity above the oven.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
My Wife says she has no trouble getting the little SMEV oven in our Carthago up to a decent temperature for cooking.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
My Wife says she has no trouble getting the little SMEV oven in our Carthago up to a decent temperature for cooking.
The one in my current van actually works quite well since I had the hinges replaced, keep them greased now with ceramic grease. Also fitted a ceramic blanket above it to protect the wiring after seeing what happens in Carthagos. It also improves the performance.
The Tectower ovens in my previous two vans were rubbish.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The one in my current van actually works quite well since I had the hinges replaced, keep them greased now with ceramic grease. Also fitted a ceramic blanket above it to protect the wiring after seeing what happens in Carthagos. It also improves the performance.
The Tectower ovens in my previous two vans were rubbish.
What be that then?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
What holds the end panel to the ground?
Presumably just a tent peg!
Unhook the panel from the peg and push out so the door will open.
Close the door, rehook the panel to the peg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
It's on the forum somewhere. A Chic, cable ties on a loom running across the roof above the Tectower oven melted and the loom dropped onto the top of the oven. Insulation melted and wires shorted out.
Ah, I understand now. Our oven is under the sink so no problem.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Blimey you can't have much storage space left in the kitchen then.
Still got 2 deep drawers on the left with a smaller one above, on the right the top one is small but ideal for doggy treats, pan handles, food bags etc, also there's a large one under the oven which did house the bin but I've removed it and the framework that supported it so I can utilise the whole of the drawer now.

OP
OP
R
Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Hah, just found another issue/design problem, call it what you like!

I was completely focussed on the garage end of my motorhome, but this morning I suddenly realised that the door to my van would not be able to fully open either.

I will just have to go with some kind of wind break I think!

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
Just as you wrote that I was thinking I'm sure I read on fun (last year maybe) about a swift? that has a recessed awning that when open does not cover all the habitation door so no room could be fitted but the awning cant be moved either

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
MoHo’s are all a compromise none are perfect, if you need a perfect room for an awning it would probably have to be custom made, MoHo converters do not make awnings they just use 3rd party products.

if you need a room for the awning that meets your needs a custom one would do the trick ?

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Just a thought where are your toilet waste access point and boiler vent? We had a Hobby and could not have a privacy room as it would have meant gassing us or removing the muck through the room. ( Good German design or what!) The continentals obviously do not use privacy rooms as much as the UK

OP
OP
R
Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Funny you should say that.

Fridge vents into awning area and toilet cassette is also within the awning area, I am pretty sure boiler vent is the other side though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back