Descision made deposit paid still in shock (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
After months of deliberation, tyre kicking, dealer visiting and research we have finally committed, deposit paid no more Autotrails we take delivery of a Hymermobil B588 DL in January.

Still in shock everything is an option, sod it SWIMBO said " You can only spend money once, it doesn't do you any good till you spend it, do it wisely"

Roll on delivery date early January, even more daunting our ferry to Bilbao booked 18 th January, Hymer quality and pdi incl dealer checks will be put to the test as we are away till end of March, bring it on.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Great choice! I'm sure you won't regret going for a Hymer. We're on the Santander ferry 10th Feb. We'll look out for you in Spain/Portugal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
We are heading down to the Algarve and three C CC rallies for five weeks then options depend on weather the beautiful unspoilt West coast South of Cadiz or scooting across to the concrete east coast Benidorm region or thereabouts. Retirement is a well earned wonderful way of life.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Good choice our B678DL due being of March, we managed to clock up €15k of extras and we will be fitting a few grands worth of our own.

Have you made sure your van is a 2017 build spec as a lot protype 2016 build ones about. Main difference is 2017 models have alloy internal walls covered in microfibre cloth & gas locker door is external. 2016 models have plywood interior walls and gas locker door is inside the garage.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Really nice choice of vehicle, seriously. Beautifully built and I love the lounge layout. My first choice. Good choice of motor, too

I hope you really enjoy it. My only contribution aside from love of this vehicle is to suggest Sesimbra (south of Lisbon) for an unspoilt look at the real Portugal

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Fair play enjoy every moment and keep us posted on your travels. Keep us wage slaves dreams alive

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Enjoy, I love it when a plan comes together (y)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Fair play to you, spend it while you can and able to do so.

No pockets in shrouds my Gran used to say :)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Just had a look at the layout and wow just what I'm looking for.

If you would like me to run it in for you let me know :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Good luck with the new MH. But if things slip you must contact BF seven days before you sail to cancel. You will lose your deposit but do it after seven days and you lose everything. I just managed to cancel our trip in September with zero days to spare when #2 son broke his leg.
You will still only get a credit for the next trip but that's no problem assuming you just want to sail on a later date.
You might be covered by travel insurance to cover the loss but if you dither cancelling they might wriggle and argue you could have cancelled earlier.
Hopefully, none of this information will be needed. :)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
images (6)_2.jpg

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
After months of deliberation, tyre kicking, dealer visiting and research we have finally committed, deposit paid no more Autotrails we take delivery of a Hymermobil B588 DL in January.

Still in shock everything is an option, sod it SWIMBO said " You can only spend money once, it doesn't do you any good till you spend it, do it wisely"

Roll on delivery date early January, even more daunting our ferry to Bilbao booked 18 th January, Hymer quality and pdi incl dealer checks will be put to the test as we are away till end of March, bring it on.
Very happy for you and we hope you love your new MoHo, but, err, we're new-ish members on this site having bought our first MoHo in October, said vehicle is a 2011, very low mileage, in beautiful nick,,, Autotrail Scout.
Wozup wiv em? Do ya'arwl out there know something we don't?!
Do please tell.
Gu'arn gu'arn, ya know ya wanna.:unsure:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
OH wanted me to downsize presently run a Mohawk which is 7.45 metres long and 4250 kg, will be 70 in a couple of years. Spent a year doing our homework I wanted an A class to maximize interior space, obviously the longer we left it the bigger the wad to change. The new Dynamic line designed and constructed to make it light for its size (Hymer claim) fitted the bill. Totally blew our budget but hopefully it will be our last van, quality compared to AT is a league apart.
Bigguspeckus just make sure you keep up with the habitation services especially with regard to damp checks ours had to have major corrective remedial work carried out earlier this year. They are not called Aquatrails for nothing. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
OH wanted me to downsize presently run a Mohawk which is 7.45 metres long and 4250 kg, will be 70 in a couple of years. Spent a year doing our homework I wanted an A class to maximize interior space, obviously the longer we left it the bigger the wad to change. The new Dynamic line designed and constructed to make it light for its size (Hymer claim) fitted the bill. Totally blew our budget but hopefully it will be our last van, quality compared to AT is a league apart.
Bigguspeckus just make sure you keep up with the habitation services especially with regard to damp checks ours had to have major corrective remedial work carried out earlier this year. They are not called Aquatrails for nothing. :whistle::whistle::whistle:
Many thanks for your comments, I'll keep my damp meter handy!
Havta say we hadn't heard em called "Aquatrails" before,,, we'll try to keep it in the sunshine?!
We're planning (all being well) an extended tour to France, Spain & possibly Greece, leaving the UK in March next year, returning,,, when the heck we like! lol. Cant wait, but havta wait, things to do fust.
All the best from dunear in Narfuk Borr. :)

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Many thanks for your comments, I'll keep my damp meter handy!
Havta say we hadn't heard em called "Aquatrails" before,,, we'll try to keep it in the sunshine?!
We're planning (all being well) an extended tour to France, Spain & possibly Greece, leaving the UK in March next year, returning,,, when the heck we like! lol. Cant wait, but havta wait, things to do fust.
All the best from dunear in Narfuk Borr. :)

You should have a 10 year water ingress warranty provided the habitation sevices and damp tests have been kept in date.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back