Dentists in Spain

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gromett, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Will it be cheaper/quicker/easier to get a filling done in Spain. I cannot get NHS dentist over here so have to go private. The one where I am at the moment is messing me about.

Just need a simple filling. The dentist here wants 2 maybe three appointments and won't give me a price before I go.

2. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Gromett
    I have no personel experience of the Spanish dentists, but earlier this year a friend had very ggod service in Bennicasim then claimed her fees back on her travel Insurance, I believe you have to get reciepts for the fees charged. Pete

3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

If your going to Spain have a couple of weeks in Morocco for free. The dentists are very good and much cheaper than Spain.

4. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

I have a hammer and chisel, a pair of pliers and a tube of aryldite can fix you up for a fiver:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  5. PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop Funster Life Member

Rex had to go to dentist a couple of years ago - we were in El Puerto de Santa Maria near Cadiz - excellent service and cheaper than UK.

Some people at Zahora regularly visit a local Spanish dentist in preference to English ones!:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Thanks everyone. Sounds like just what I need Marie. I will hold out for Zahora I think... It's not painful at the moment just a minor niggle...

I don't want to deal with insurance for this or EHIC stuff etc. Just want to go in. Pay the fee, have it done and bugger off :Wink:

The dentist here wants me to pay £30 for a checkup. Maybe come back for an XRay. Then come back yet again for the filling. Charging me at each stage.

I am sorry but the dentist here must have done 10's of thousands of these things and could say. If it is a simple/small one it will be £50 if it require deep work etc it will be no more than £1xx. I don't need a checkup for £30. I know I NEED a filling (only my second in 40 years) and I want it doing without any fuss and I will pay cash.

Thanks for the other suggestions guys. Much appreciated :BigGrin:

7. Popeye

Popeye Funster

I offer exactly the same service but with two shots of Malt as anesthetic for just £15.99:Rofl1::Laughing::Rofl1:

8. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

If you need a temporary filling just to keep you going These Kits are pretty good. I used one whilst awaiting an appointment at the dentist a couple of months ago. the cheapest place I've seen them is Asda.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Thanks Graham. It says

"This is a temporary remedy meant to replace a lost filling or inlay until you have a chance to visit your dentist."

As I don't have a filling already I am guessing this wouldn't be suitable. Thanks though :BigGrin:

10. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

True, only good if you already have a hole.

If you only got rot, it's good not a lot :Rofl1::Rofl1:

11. Gromett

Gromett Funster

I am 40 and have one filling this will be my second. Is that good or about normal?

12. harryoxford2

harryoxford2 Read Only Funster

They reckon the two top things that have increased sinced the 60s...beyond any recognition of reality are......houses...and dentists.

Ive tried to do the same thing and trained to be a hairdresser and only charge £19,000 per hair cut.... so far no takers....life can be cruel.

13. Momo

Momo Funster

Spanish dentists are excellent - much better and cheaper than in UK. They don't usually charge for check ups. A simple filling is approx 50 Euros.

Hope you get sorted.

14. JJ

JJ Funster

shouldn't you be helping Rex get ready for the off rather than posting about dentists, little Sis?

(just like I should be getting on with my work..)

JJ

15. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Grommet, find out which of your local hospitals has a dentist department and get along there and get it done for free. A friend of mine has never been to a local dentist always goes to the local dentist dept at the hospital for what ever dental treatment he needed.

16. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Thanks everyone, Carol going to the hospital before I set off is not practical where I am unfortunately..

I am going to wait for Spain.....