Denali Fiver - STT group

Discussion in 'Fifth Wheelers' started by MrJinks, Sep 11, 2010.

1. MrJinks

MrJinks Read Only Funster

Hi Guys, I have been at Shepton Mallett yesterday and have clapped eyes on Denali super-lite fifth wheeler. Mrs Jinks fallen in love with it. :helpsos:
    Its 28ft US built and I think about 3200kg base weight. Being sold by STT Group from Boston,Lincs.
    The sales guy reckons could be pulled by most Jap pickups. :Eeek: ????

It looks ideal for when we plan to spend a couple of years full-timing.

Any thoughts on either the rig, STT group or tow vehicle suitability ?

cheers.

2. Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs Read Only Funster

Hi Mr Jinks

Check out www.denali-rv.com they have all the models/floor plans/weights etc

Regards

Ant & Debs:thumb:

3. MrJinks

MrJinks Read Only Funster

Interestingly the Thor brochure given to me at the show shows a base weight of 3200 kg for the 259RLX model, however the American online brochure shows 3400kg. Not a big difference and maybe some weight reduction made for UK market but again I would ask if that is a weight that a replated chipped Isuzu or Hilux could pull without problems ?
    Is this weight much difference to the Kountry lite (which I also like) that seems to be very popular?

4. Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs Read Only Funster

Cant help you with UK models as said, We had it explained to us that a small single slide light weight US fiver would need a 150 Dodge/1500 GMC/150 Ford

A unit with move than 1 slide or more that 3 axles on trailer would need a 250/2500. We have a 2500 GMC Sierra HD (Heavy Duty) which will pull anything and our 5th wheel hitch is rated at 16000kg as it has uprated and comes with a tow package and slideout mirriors. Prices on STT seem to be a little high.

We paid £29,000 for our 2010 wildcat and that included shipping/taxes/conversion

www.ccrv.co.uk also have lightweight US Units that are 7.6 wide for uk market and can be towed by nav's

Ant & Debs