Dealer discounts

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Geordies, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Geordies

Geordies Funster

Yesterday we went to an open day at the Elddis factory, interesting day and we were very taken by the Accordo 125.

The list price is @37,500 and we got speaking to a dealer who was selling said MHs. I asked if the price was flexible and that we were cash buyers. Straight away he offered £2,500 discount !! Is this normal ? We have never bought a new MH or car before so don't know how hard to push.

For various reasons we can't buy a MH, new or secondhand, until mid / late Dec. If you were looking for a MH at about the £38,000 price and could walk into the dealers late Dec or early Jan with cash, no trade in, how much discount do you think they might offer ?

Would it be better to haggle cash discount or try and load up with extras ? Or bit of both ?

Geordies

2. andyman

andyman Read Only Funster

The discount will be variable. If it is in stock and has been for sometime expect a bigger discount. If it is to order expect less. I looked at a Hymer a few weeks ago and could have got 20% of list. But will soon be last years model.
    I would expect 10 - 15% is not unusual.

3. Allanm

Allanm Funster

I don't think you would get dealers straining at the bit to give you a discount for cash, but it's worth asking about deals anyway. We got £3500 off the screen price of our new van because we asked if they could do us a deal as we wanted the van ASAP
    Allan