DARK WATERS the Tefal poisoning story. (2 Viewers)

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
DARK WATERS Amazon Prime

Hi watched this last night, true story about Dupont (3M Dow etc) concealing how their Teflon manufacture caused death, cancers and birth defects.

Started in late 60s with cases still ongoing today.

The ‘forever’ chemical PFOA C8 has recently been replaced by another, but the long term effects of this are still unknown.

May have you throwing out all your nonstick pans.

Excellent film, well worth a watch

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I heard about this.

what year was it until ?
2013 I think but they replaced the chemical with another one of the same family which is likely to still be lethal. There are hundreds of PFOAs... or is it PFAS? 🤔 It's on Wikipedia anyway

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It's not just Tefal with a none stick coating. Discovered some years ago and kept quiet.
A lesson to us all, magic fixes have a unknown price to pay.
Think chemicals DDT, Thalidomide,Neonicotinoids, what next ?

OP
OP
Scotties

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
The main reason they got collared, is the case was taken up by a corporate industrial lawyer, who knew the coverups of big business.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
DARK WATERS Amazon Prime

Hi watched this last night, true story about Dupont (3M Dow etc) concealing how their Teflon manufacture caused death, cancers and birth defects.

Started in late 60s with cases still ongoing today.

The ‘forever’ chemical PFOA C8 has recently been replaced by another, but the long term effects of this are still unknown.

May have you throwing out all your nonstick pans.

Excellent film, well worth a watch
I threw mine out years ago due to this 'secret'. Grrr.

Only buy glass or stainless steel ware.

With expensive stainless steel they are very easy to clean.... Just cover base with water whilst you eat your meal and they're ready to just wipe with your sponge.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
It's not just Tefal with a none stick coating. Discovered some years ago and kept quiet.
A lesson to us all, magic fixes have a unknown price to pay.
Think chemicals DDT, Thalidomide,Neonicotinoids, what next ?
I just hope we don't start using nicotinoids again... we were forced to stop by the EU.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My understanding is C8 is a waste product of the manufacture of Teflon. It was this which was escaping into the river. The Teflon on pans doesn't contain it. However, the chemical is widely used elsewhere, including food packaging.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
My understanding is C8 is a waste product of the manufacture of Teflon. It was this which was escaping into the river. The Teflon on pans doesn't contain it. However, the chemical is widely used elsewhere, including food packaging.
No it's still in the pan coating, it's OK as long as you keep it below 200°c so it doesn't break down.

My dad worked at the coalite plant in Bolsover for 25 years, heart disease got him in the end same as every long term worker there. There are dioxins in the soil all round the plant and you could smell the place from miles away if the wind was blowing in the right direction. If you don't live round here you may have smelled it passing on the motorway. Ann always said she knew where to get off because of the smell 😂

What is amazing is you can still smell it now driving past and it's been shut since 2004 😳

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Great movie - they said that everyone has a trace of the chemical in their body!

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I just hope we don't start using nicotinoids again... we were forced to stop by the EU.

Is that not the chemical that has recently been reinstated?
Yeah, environment secretary George Eustice has agreed to re-introduce the pesticide to treat sugar beets.

Now we're free of those pesky bureaucrats we can get on with killing our bees 🙂

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Yeah, environment secretary George Eustice has agreed to re-introduce the pesticide to treat sugar beets.

Now we're free of those pesky bureaucrats we can get on with killing our bees 🙂
Oh no. I can't believe he's done that! How can anybody be so stupid!!!!

We're just about to beat covid and they open the door to a new destroyer. :(

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I know. I'm struggling at the moment to handle all the covid news. A part of me thinks this is being used to slip other plans through unnoticed whilst we are all embroiled in covid. Sorry, cant post on it at the moment.. Let's hope people wake up and speak out.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I know. I'm struggling at the moment to handle all the covid news. A part of me thinks this is being used to slip other plans through unnoticed whilst we are all embroiled in covid. Sorry, cant post on it at the moment.. Let's hope people wake up and speak out.
I believe you have hit the nail firmly on the head.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Don't get me started on the plans to push on with gene editing in livestock and crops.
I have no problems with genetic engineering in limited scenarios. An outright ban is just plain wrong.

We have been gene editing the natural way for centuries via selective breeding. This just accelerates and limits the changes being made. CRISPR-CAS9 is amazing technology when used correctly.

You do realise that gene editing was used to make some of the Covid Vaccines?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
No it's still in the pan coating, it's OK as long as you keep it below 200°c so it doesn't break down.

My dad worked at the coalite plant in Bolsover for 25 years, heart disease got him in the end same as every long term worker there. There are dioxins in the soil all round the plant and you could smell the place from miles away if the wind was blowing in the right direction. If you don't live round here you may have smelled it passing on the motorway. Ann always said she knew where to get off because of the smell 😂

What is amazing is you can still smell it now driving past and it's been shut since 2004 😳

Can remember cattle being contaminated with dioxins near Coalite and the EXPERTS were investigating where it came from,,wonder how much that cost😂..As you say you can still smell it..Used to load out of there late 60s..BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back