Daisy needs some work

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by wozzer, Oct 31, 2013.

1. wozzer

wozzer Read Only Funster

So as the old saying goes if its to good to be true it probably is.
    well Daisy the Frankia 740 from Ebay came cheep but she will need a bit of work due to a leak from a roof light and general age related issues. I have taken half the roof down and found some of the wooden struts to be rotten caused by leakage from a roof light that had been replaced by one that did not cover the original fixing holes and not been sealed properly.
    I have refitted the roof light and am waiting for it to all dry before replacing the struts and roof lining.
    The top of the van has been fitted with aluminium chequer plate that was bonded to the roof. Some of the sheets have come unstuck so I have taken them off and scraped off the glue but am unsure what is best to use to stick them back on, any ideas please
    There will be more jobs to do before we can use her and any tips will be much apresiated as this is our first motorhome..

2. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Wishing you all the best with it. I am sure some funsters will be along with some helpful tips soon xxxxxxxxxxxx

3. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

Don't worry about having to do a few repairs.
    People have spent "over £20 000" and have had worse than that!:BigGrin:

Sikaflex, is the adhesive/sealant of choice for motorcaravanners!:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  4. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Ho Wozzer,

I have used Wurth's Bond & Seal which is just as good (some say better) than Sikaflex.
    I used it to reattach and seal a rain guttering on our MH, it made an excellent job. :thumb:

Check on the expiry dates with the seller, if not using straight away. :Wink:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

5. rogsmith

rogsmith Read Only Funster

Good luck wozzer,i must admit i envie you at the moment i would love to have made my first purchase and have it outside waiting for me to sort out.Enjoy mate,im sure you will.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  6. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

welcome to the joys of motor homing i am sure you will get it up to scratch if it any conciliation i have spent three weeks sorting out my one but more mechanical than any thing and don't see an end to soon so good luck and take all the advice you can from all the funsters on hear
    bill