Cycling - Tour of Britain - Where to watch (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
For anyone interested in experiencing watching a professional cycle race, the Tour Of Britain will literally pass Quackers on 9 September on a full stage through Gloucestershire. Watching the downhill past the campsite should be exciting!

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
For anyone interested in experiencing watching a professional cycle race, the Tour Of Britain will literally pass Quackers on 9 September on a full stage through Gloucestershire. Watching the downhill past the campsite should be exciting!
They will have gone past in seconds, you need an uphill section to watch it.

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Luckily going down hill, would need serious electric power to go the other way. :LOL:
They would hardly notice it, I have been on the side of Alp D’huez - they are incredible human machines 😳

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
My experience if you want to watch cycling watch it on TV you can see much much more and be where the action is constantly throughout the race,however,if you want the whole cycling experience you have to be at one of the Race catchment areas to get the true extraodinary performance of the riders the circus and the spectators ala Alpe Du Huez as stated above.

Nov 8, 2022
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Laika EcoVip 3019
Exp
20 years +
They would hardly notice it, I have been on the side of Alp D’huez - they are incredible human machines 😳
We'll be going to watch them ride up Caerphilly "mountain", the route loops around so we get to see them twice.
As you say, the hills don't match up to the Alps but still worth a watch.
We watched the tour going up col de joux plane in 98, I still remember Marco Pantani flying past us so impressive.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I watched the youth cyclists coming up from Lanelli Hill above Abergavenny not only that privileged to watch with a father who son is aiming for the highest of standards he made the first 5
But to be there to see the fastest and stay to help encourage the slowest was such a joy to see the determination in young people.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
When I worked for Dartmoor National Park I was designated photographer for the Haytor mountain finish. Awful weather, windy and wet, I was soaked. Hours of standing around then seconds to grab the shots. The cyclists climbed from Bovey Tracey to Haytor in about 15 minutes, you can struggle to do that in a car at times. By then they had been racing for about 2 hours. Most interesting for me was the line up of team motorhomes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back