LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2022
Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20 Impressa
Exp
Since 2020
Greetings everyone! I'm contemplating removing my TV Arial and put a blanking plate on, then if possible put a poynting antenna in place of it.
Where can I get a plate for it, please?

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Cant you just fit the Poynting antenna over the hole?

Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 135
Exp
Since 2017
Just a thought - how about taking the flat aerial bit off the top of the pole? I don't know what sort of aerial you're thinking of fitting but if it's a bit like a chunky whip, one of the things I noticed about mine (on an Accordo) is, as well as the up/down, you can rotate the flat aerial so it's vertical - if you could do the same with a whip you could rotate the whip so it's flat with the roof, so it's less likely to be knocked off by a branch? But as I said it depends on your plan! Just re-read that and it's not the clearest thing I've ever written - hope you see what I mean!

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I removed a similar TV aerial from mine and replaced it with a Poynting MIMO. It was an easy job. Took a couple of hours to strip the adhesive and sealant off and slap the new antenna on. The new antenna completely covered the old mess. I did 3d print a sleeve with an outside lip on the bottom to reduce the size of the hole. But other solutions are available.

OP
OP
Soots

Soots

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2022
Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20 Impressa
Exp
Since 2020
I removed a similar TV aerial from mine and replaced it with a Poynting MIMO. It was an easy job. Took a couple of hours to strip the adhesive and sealant off and slap the new antenna on. The new antenna completely covered the old mess. I did 3d print a sleeve with an outside lip on the bottom to reduce the size of the hole. But other solutions are available.
My son has a 3D printer ( maybe 3) that would give him a job, thanks @Guigsey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back