Current Weather in Italy (1 Viewer)

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
A weather report from the Giro claimed that theywere starting in the rain today.

OP
OP
seasideBill
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
We're heading that way next week, so would be very grateful if you could organise an improvement please 😂
Despite the awful weather, it’s quite busy here. Only old farts like us at present, but German school holiday coming up apparently so that will likely swell numbers. Family from hell (5 kids) turned up opposite us this afternoon! Thankfully we’re moving on tomorrow once I’ve got Mr Hell to move his MH which is far too big for the pitch and is now blocking me in!

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Hope you are all safe, just seen the flooding on the news. Half metre of rain in 36 hours wow.
Stay safe (y)

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
9am
Not going now, heading back along the southwest coast and may go into Spain….
That’s what we did a week ago, as far south as you can. Even Barcelona was struggling over 20C. After Tarragona down a bit better.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Anyone still in Italy, we’ve been touring around the Lakes for 3 weeks and now at Iseo. Not been great weather though its Been drier on the whole than the forecasts.
Looks like we might have a couple of better days ahead, but can’t decide where to head next to avoid the unsettled weather that looks set for a week or 2.
West of France perhaps?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Anyone still in Italy, we’ve been touring around the Lakes for 3 weeks and now at Iseo. Not been great weather though its Been drier on the whole than the forecasts.
Looks like we might have a couple of better days ahead, but can’t decide where to head next to avoid the unsettled weather that looks set for a week or 2.
West of France perhaps?

It’s the same here around the Camargue, I’ve been looking further west into Spain as far as blanes but still the same, it’s getting warmer but still showing showers for the next two weeks….😎

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
It’s the same here around the Camargue, I’ve been looking further west into Spain as far as blanes but still the same, it’s getting warmer but still showing showers for the next two weeks….😎
Need a teleporter to get home as I think it’s weather there, then pop back in a couple of weeks!

OP
OP
seasideBill
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
West of France perhaps?
Left Iseo (Camping del Sole) this morning - lovely place but so-so weather. It rained all day today and currently on a site at Verona. Good weather (sunny 27c) is forecast tomorrow and the next few days. I think SE is the way to go so. After a few days on the Venetian Riveria, it’s a few days at Aquileia/Grado and then onwards into Croatia. Forecast for that area currently looks reasonable. Western France maybe ok, but been there too many times now to get excited.

54EEB62D-9819-44AF-8521-C4AE442BB2BC.png

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Left Iseo (Camping del Sole) this morning - lovely place but so-so weather. It rained all day today and currently on a site at Verona. Good weather (sunny 27c) is forecast tomorrow and the next few days. I think SE is the way to go so. After a few days on the Venetian Riveria, it’s a few days at Aquileia/Grado and then onwards into Croatia. Forecast for that area currently looks good. Western France maybe ok, but been there too many times now to get excited about such a trip.
We’re at Camping Covelo on Lake Iseo at the moment, will stay a couple more days as forecast looks good. After that the whole top half of Italy seems to be getting a soaking for the next week or so.
Mind you forecast definitely looks better then here after that. Would you recommend the site in Verona?

Last edited:
OP
OP
seasideBill
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Would you recommend the site in Verona?
First impressions are it’s an ok ‘aire style’ site fine for visiting Verona, which is the main reason we’re here. Location seems good for regular direct bus into the city. It won’t win any prizes for picturesque location or tranquility but it’s got everything we need and it’ll do us nicely for 2 nights.

Dec 13, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Since 2009
It's still raining here in Sorrento and more of the same tomorrow. The forecast for Monday onwards is for sunshine. I hope they're right because we've had rain every day for the last week!!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
It’s hit and miss all around the med over the next few weeks, few showers and some sunny days…😎

Oct 29, 2013
Clacton on sea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Anybody touring here will know how bad the weather has been since since the start of May. Well it seems it’s just about to get a whole lot worse.

Storm Minerva
We’ve been in Italy for the pass 4 weeks weather terrible going back up into Germany now, would be great to have a little bit of nice weather before home time.

Aug 19, 2020
Dawlish, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute
Exp
Since 2015
Hope it gets better I’m off to Sardinia via the Brenner Pass and down to catch the ferry from Livorno

OP
OP
seasideBill
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Hope it gets better I’m off to Sardinia via the Brenner Pass and down to catch the ferry from Livorno
Early signs are good, definitely a sea change in temperature here in Verona this morning. After days and days of rain the sun is out and fleeces are off!

May 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Legend
Just come from the Italian lakes and we're heading to Tuscany. Looked at the weather and decided to head to the Cote d'azur. It's been raining since we got here but due to change tomorrow for a week of sunshine. We have stayed put not only to ride out the weather but also to ride out the French bank holiday weekend!

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
I think France is our next stop somewhere above Montpellier. But will stay here a couple more days, enjoy the sun then check again!

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
My Lasagne 31 degrees :rofl:
Not that I'm jealous :whistle2:(y)

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Anyone at Levanto, Aqua Dolce campsite?🚐🚐😎
Not at the moment but that area was on our itinerary. Would you recommend it?
We’re on Lake Iseo was lovely yesterday and looks good for tomorrow. Does it suddenly seemed to have warmed up, and the outlook improve?

Feb 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago compactline
Exp
15 year
Not at the moment but that area was on our itinerary. Would you recommend it?
We’re on Lake Iseo was lovely yesterday and looks good for tomorrow. Does it suddenly seemed to have warmed up, and the outlook improve?
Yes amazing here in Levanto, campsite Aqua Dolce , access to train to manerola ( cinque terra ) and all along that coast 🚐😎👍

OP
OP
seasideBill
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Still enjoying proper summer weather (28c) in Italy today and moved on from Verona to Cavallino on the Venetian Riviera. Italy remains surprisingly busy for low season, would hate to be here in August! Many sites are full so ended up paying the most yet for site, albeit for a large pitch with bells & whistles. No ACSI options and initially they wanted €58 including private bathroom - why would anybody pay for that? Eventually negotiated price down to €44 with an old fart discount. That’s about £38 which, by CAMC standards would be reasonable in the UK I suppose. It’s much more than I’d normally pay but it’s a nice site (Italy Camping Village) and I’ll be happy here for the next 4 days including a Venice trip probably. Sorry dog lovers but big bonus for me is no pets allowed - I hate camping in a kennel!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back