Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Is Crit Aire best for France, or is there a better one please. Thank you
Are you looking for advice on overnight stays in France rather than emission control zones?
If so then searchforsites is the best. Also available as an app.

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
Maybe the French don't bother with them if they don't drive into the Crit'air zones. I haven't planned my route to Spain yet but I've bought the sticker. For less than a fiver (one off payment for life of vehicle) it's best to be on the safe (legal) side.

Upvote 0
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
My mistake, I meant a tag for motorway payments such as Fulli or Emoving=via T tag.
Any advice would be appreciated as I'm travelling around France in September
Without reopening the long threads on the subject, we've got the Fulli tag but the Emovis tag is simpler to own.

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
Rouen is one of the zones so that makes sense. No point in risking a 135 euro fine I guess.

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I pass by Rouen on the main route on a regular basis without any problem. l did previously get a sticker but since it’s only paper and not chipped it cannot be checked without someone in authority is stood within two feet of it.
All it does is put you on their data base so they can apply any fines from cameras etc.
Since the French are up and down with the speed limits ie 90 is 70 some signs replaced some not then they change it back therefore the old signs are good again but the new ones are not,you don’t know where you are and can pick up a speeding fine without any knowledge of speeding.
l will now continue to take the risk of which there is none,in my opinion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
I pass by Rouen on the main route on a regular basis without any problem. l did previously get a sticker but since it’s only paper and not chipped it cannot be checked without someone in authority is stood within two feet of it.
All it does is put you on their data base so they can apply any fines from cameras etc.
Since the French are up and down with the speed limits ie 90 is 70 some signs replaced some not then they change it back therefore the old signs are good again but the new ones are not,you don’t know where you are and can pick up a speeding fine without any knowledge of speeding.
Not sure the risk will be 'none' when the gendarme looks at your windscreen!

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G691 LCE
Exp
Since 1974
And yet the French don’t bother with them.
Not correct, just your opinion.
Again not correct, in any department where the speed limits on either certain or all of its routes have been changed from the countrywide blanket ones the old signage (if there was any) will have been removed and replaced with the new and in force ones.
The major change was/ is from 90Kph to 80Kph, although many towns are enforcing 30Kph rather than a blanket 50Kph for some roads through the town, there will be a notice at the entrance to town limits stating 30Kph but with a proviso if the road surface has regularly placed 50Kph that speed overrides the 30.
You will also often find a 70Kph limit shortly before the 50Kph mandatory at the village limit, in an attempt to slow drivers into and through the village.

Upvote 0

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
I have got emovis very easy to get within 48 hours. Bip and go can be complicated by your bank accounts.
Revolut It’s simple and you don’t need to give out your main bank details.

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Not correct, just your opinion.

Again not correct, in any department where the speed limits on either certain or all of its routes have been changed from the countrywide blanket ones the old signage (if there was any) will have been removed and replaced with the new and in force ones.
The major change was/ is from 90Kph to 80Kph, although many towns are enforcing 30Kph rather than a blanket 50Kph for some roads through the town, there will be a notice at the entrance to town limits stating 30Kph but with a proviso if the road surface has regularly placed 50Kph that speed overrides the 30.
You will also often find a 70Kph limit shortly before the 50Kph mandatory at the village limit, in an attempt to slow drivers into and through the village.
So you say, however, it’s was widely reported that different departments hadn’t changed the signage so l will stick with my opinion.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W
Jan 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ready to buy one
Exp
12 years with ex partner. Now single
I dont intend to drive into any city, do I still need Crit Aire please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back