Covers. Help. Need advice for Farthers Day.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by RibTickler, May 31, 2010.

1. RibTickler

RibTickler Read Only Funster

2. AdgeRas

AdgeRas Read Only Funster

Hi there

Either of those you sent links to are OK. I spent a fair amount of time looking at covers and I was not convinced that the more expensive ones offered much improvement. Breathable material is important in my mind as it allows the MH not get damp inside.

It is far more important to make sure you get the right size cover, as too small and well thats obvious, but too big and you can have problems with the wind tugging the cover off if it is not tied down tightly.

Finally, I must say that being a Dad myself, I think your Dad is a lucky guy. The best I get for Fathers day is a pair of novelty socks or giant mug with "Worlds Best Dad" written on it.:Sad:

Hahaha I should not complain, I know I have their love and thats what matters.

Adge

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

i have one of these....HERE...

not bad for the price but there is some rubbing on the cover where the tie-down straps sit against the fabric.

no rubbing or damage on the van body itself though.

obviously you will need to protect any sharp edges with foam or similar to prevent these tearing through the fabric, but this applies to all of them.

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

5. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

be carefull

I had a "pro tec" cover for my caravan a few years back,

1st Time I used I overtightened the under van strap and split the fdabric near the buckle,

After about 2 years I was taking it off for spring and the ploes that are used to lift it off went through the top seem, causing a 2 foot split

There "WAS" evedence of window rub, dispite fitting it tightly, also some rubing on the end top curve of the roof pannels, If I was to buy again I would get just a roof cover not a full roof and sides.

perhaps I was unlucky/heavy handed

just my 2p worth

6. RibTickler

RibTickler Read Only Funster