Couple arrested over pensioner’s stolen cash (which he’d put in the fridge) (1 Viewer)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
If the old duffer had put it in the washing machine, they'd have got done for money laundering :imoutahere:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I hope the police now do the pensioner for wasting police time - and attempting to defraud the DWP... as well as notifying said department...

"They had asked to pay the money via bank transfer, but were asked to pay cash instead so it wouldn’t affect the man’s pension."

...or is it alright because he's a "poor" pensioner :mad: ?

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Reckon he was trying it on ..great looking van for that price ..wonder why he sold it so cheap .. Perhaps he was on the fiddle and got caught out. Now who do we know that lives in Gloucestershire that would do that . Hhhmm .

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I hope the police now do the pensioner for wasting police time - and attempting to defraud the DWP... as well as notifying said department...

"They had asked to pay the money via bank transfer, but were asked to pay cash instead so it wouldn’t affect the man’s pension."

...or is it alright because he's a "poor" pensioner :mad: ?
Cant see how it would affect pension ..more to this than meets the eye ..

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Probably not his pension, more like tax, but saying that it looks like a reverse scam to me.
I agree , and why would he put the cash in the fridge unless he was hiding it ..hope he gets done for attempted fraud .

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Why were the police looking in his fridge when interviewing him?

Were they hungry?

Good job they did though

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Why were the police looking in his fridge when interviewing him?

Were they hungry?

Good job they did though
Looking at freezing his assets? or trying to "cool" things down? Stopping the old guy trying to "milk" the situation? Making sure that they didn't get "egg" on their faces?

Who knows, but I bet the couple will give the old fella the "Cold" shoulder from now on!

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
If the police were looking in his fridge I would suggest they suspected he was taking the mick .

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Looking at freezing his assets? or trying to "cool" things down? Stopping the old guy trying to "milk" the situation? Making sure that they didn't get "egg" on their faces?

Who knows, but I bet the couple will give the old fella the "Cold" shoulder from now on!
GROAN !!!

Deleted User
Don't really see what the DWP have to do with it. He sold his van , nothing to do with anything to do with pensions that I can see.

If he is claiming housing or other benefits then there is a limit on savings before the benefits are reduced, perhaps this amount would have put his bank account over the limit.

Have to agree that this sounds like a case of dementia though.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
He appears to be a dodgy old soul. Nice van, and shame about the young couple's distress. It could be argued that there were insufficient grounds for their arrest and detention, given the absence of any evidence of substance, and perhaps a nice compensation award that will cover the cost of their new van? Plenty of no-win, no fee bods chasing those

Chances are this bloke is either on the fiddle or has other problems related to his age, and is to be pitied.

It's a crying shame that those maliciously making false accusations get away with ruining people's lives though. Whilst I am happy to see (eg) sex offenders locked away, those making false accusations against innocent people should face custodial sentences for the harm they do.

And suspects shouldn't be identified before they are found guilty, but that's another matter for another day

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
He appears to be a dodgy old soul. Nice van, and shame about the young couple's distress. It could be argued that there were insufficient grounds for their arrest and detention, given the absence of any evidence of substance, and perhaps a nice compensation award that will cover the cost of their new van? Plenty of no-win, no fee bods chasing those

Chances are this bloke is either on the fiddle or has other problems related to his age, and is to be pitied.

It's a crying shame that those maliciously making false accusations get away with ruining people's lives though. Whilst I am happy to see (eg) sex offenders locked away, those making false accusations against innocent people should face custodial sentences for the harm they do.

And suspects shouldn't be identified before they are found guilty, but that's another matter for another day
I agree, anyone making a malicious accusation should face the same penalty that would be applicable to the "alleged crime" Women are put off reporting rape for example as they fear that they will not be believed, so a Woman that potentially ruins a mans life with a false allegation isn't just affecting the innocent accused man, but putting off real rape victims reporting their attacks

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
I agree, anyone making a malicious accusation should face the same penalty that would be applicable to the "alleged crime" Women are put off reporting rape for example as they fear that they will not be believed, so a Woman that potentially ruins a mans life with a false allegation isn't just affecting the innocent accused man, but putting off real rape victims reporting their attacks
100% in agreement with this, Eddie

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
BIG MAP
You beat me to it

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006

You missed out a lot of lolly there Eddie.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Sounds like dad didn't really talk to daughter about selling van until it was a done deal,and forgot where he had put cash as old folk do,daughter like most of us would be concerned that a distraction had taken place and reported it as there is lots of this type of crime happening to elderly vulnerable people, although I would have thought it could have been handled a bit better by Glos police.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Sounds like dad didn't really talk to daughter about selling van until it was a done deal,and forgot where he had put cash as old folk do,daughter like most of us would be concerned that a distraction had taken place and reported it as there is lots of this type of crime happening to elderly vulnerable people, although I would have thought it could have been handled a bit better by Glos police.
The dad was sharp enough to ask for cash.........to safeguard his pension.........surely he was sharp enough to know where he hid it.

I think he was trying to hide the dosh from his daughter, saying he put it in a drawer.
When she couldn't get her hands on it insisted that the police were called.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The dad was sharp enough to ask for cash.........to safeguard his pension.........surely he was sharp enough to know where he hid it.

I think he was trying to hide the dosh from his daughter, saying he put it in a drawer.
When she couldn't get her hands on it insisted that the police were called.
More like he was trying to get his van back and keep th money..that van is worth a lot more than £3600 and he knew it. SCAM !!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back