council exempt from using disabled spaces (1 Viewer)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Thought that this was not on .and even two traffic wardens ignored it .
WP_20161019_10_01_00_Pro.jpg

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Probably doing some work in the area and needed to lift some heavy equipment without becoming disabled themselves.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It looks like it's outside the football ground.

Is that a public/council car park or is it private?

If it's private land then the traffic wardens have no jurisdiction.

Not excusing the parking, just asking a question.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It looks like it's outside the football ground.

Is that a public/council car park or is it private?

If it's private land then the traffic wardens have no jurisdiction.

Not excusing the parking, just asking a question.
That's what struck me as well. Just like the similar abuse of parking that occurs in some supermarket car parks, all one can do is complain to the land owner.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
It's not unusual for councils to have special dispensation on a variety of things.
Our local metro council employs drivers for the special needs children. They come under PCV rules but because the council has a special dispensation then a car licence is sufficient. If one was tendering for that contract, the drivers would have to have a PCV licence to comply with the law.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
No idea whether they have a dispensation allowing them to park there or not, but if there were plenty of other spaces available then I'd be sending the photo to the council and asking them to train their staff/contractors on considerate parking. Many disabled people rely on the the designated parking spaces: either for proximity or for the extra space to allow a wheelchair down the side of the car. Its doubly bad because they're actually obstructing two disabled spaces.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Why not just ask them to move?
Have you ever tried that? Not as easy as it seems. I am disabled (amputee) and I also have a severely disabled grandson (confined to a wheelchair). I have had almighty rows with drivers using disabled parking areas illegally. One even said, 'I am disabled, I'm blind'. Locked his Range Rover, and walked to the supermarket...........It makes my blood boil!
I tend to not use the disabled spaces, because I know there are more needy persons than me, but these arseholes, annoy the hell out of me!!!!!
Sorry for the rant,

Craig

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Wow! just seen the map and I never realised the Greenham Common Airbase was in the Town. Nuclear target number one, for the UK a few years ago.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Certainly does look private......the 'private car park' sign attached to the left hand gate is a bit of a give away.
That's the Newbury weekly newspaper car park.the car park that is to the left of that sign is the council car park that the photo was taken.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Have you ever tried that? Not as easy as it seems. I am disabled (amputee) and I also have a severely disabled grandson (confined to a wheelchair). I have had almighty rows with drivers using disabled parking areas illegally. One even said, 'I am disabled, I'm blind'. Locked his Range Rover, and walked to the supermarket...........It makes my blood boil!
I tend to not use the disabled spaces, because I know there are more needy persons than me, but these arseholes, annoy the hell out of me!!!!!
Sorry for the rant,

Craig

I phoned the office using the number on the side of a van that was in our town centre disabled space. The workmen came out and moved the van, so my daughter parked in the space. One of the guys came across as if to have words with her, she lifted the wheelchair out of the boot and helped me into it. He turned round and went back to his van without a work said :)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Prats, like that make ME angry. "we" (the royal we) use both mobility vehicles, and a wheelchair as needed, nothing worse than being forced to park far away, just in order to be able to access the mobility aid!.

Best one EVER, was my wife`s cousin (Now deceased) they had a WAV. One day in Asda, No Disabled bay available because one Cretin had parked (no badge) in one bay. Her husband Parked across the rear of the vehicle trapping it in the bay, took her into the store to shop, next thing Tannoy goes, "Some one cannot get out the parking place" because a WAV is parked behind blocking it. HE ignored it and carried on doing the weekly shop. 40 min later, having shopped and had a coffee, they went back out, to find one very unhappy punter, who started to give him grief, not recommended, when you are dealing with a 6ft+ Brick S House, Ex Coldstreme Guardsman, turned Fire Officer!!. Eventually the "dick" went on his way late for work and with a large "flea in his ear".

Pete

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
B
Prats, like that make ME angry. "we" (the royal we) use both mobility vehicles, and a wheelchair as needed, nothing worse than being forced to park far away, just in order to be able to access the mobility aid!.

Best one EVER, was my wife`s cousin (Now deceased) they had a WAV. One day in Asda, No Disabled bay available because one Cretin had parked (no badge) in one bay. Her husband Parked across the rear of the vehicle trapping it in the bay, took her into the store to shop, next thing Tannoy goes, "Some one cannot get out the parking place" because a WAV is parked behind blocking it. HE ignored it and carried on doing the weekly shop. 40 min later, having shopped and had a coffee, they went back out, to find one very unhappy punter, who started to give him grief, not recommended, when you are dealing with a 6ft+ Brick S House, Ex Coldstreme Guardsman, turned Fire Officer!!. Eventually the "dick" went on his way late for work and with a large "flea in his ear".

Pete
Brilliant! Next time I go to Tesco, I may try that! :laughing:

Craig

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

Yeh.... thanks for that mate, I got the sack.......

;):LOL::ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Guidelines about everything you never wanted to know about parking under local authority schemes. Our towns old yellow lines before decriminalisation also had an exemption for funeral hearses, can't see anything for those in these newer guides... https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ent_data/file/496987/operational-guidance.pdf
They will probably still be covered by local exemptions.
Documents like that generally serve two purposes, to explain the legislation and to provide framework procedures. Both help save individual LAs from having to waste time duplicating work.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Warden came up to me once when I parked in a disabled space. Hoy! he said, what's your disability? I replied, Touretts ya C%$t now F@ck off :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back