Corfe Castle, Dorset.

Discussion in 'Best Campsites for Chilling Out' started by Trikeman, May 23, 2015.

1. Trikeman

Trikeman Read Only Funster

Hi All, just got back from a wonderful week parked up in the Corfe Castle site - beautiful. Pheasants strolling around, deer in the adjacent fields, hawks and badgers nearby. Some fantastic walks with Corfe village just a short walk along a hillside pathway - the long distance scenery was breath-taking.
    The steam train calls at Corfe and is all done as in period. Greyhound pub, dog friendly, mahoosive beer garden and good food (if not a little pricey). The Castle ruin itself is stunning with a bit of merry ole jousting and traditional merriment going on.
    This site is great for a central few days break, Durdle door not far as is Lullworth cove, Monkey World, the Tank museum and Swanage which is still in the old days which was really nice.
    People at the site where great and the facilities were spot on - even a fish and chip van turns up on Friday's.
    Weather was excellent for nearly the whole week with a nice breeze.

Regards,

Trikeman.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Just love that site you can catch a bus or train into Swanage or a bus to Poole to visit brownsea island.or just chill out in a beautiful site with some stunning walks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sedge

sedge Funster

Great! Haven't been to Corfe for a good many years - but sounds as if neither it nor Swanage have changed.

First time I went in the Greyhound was Easter Monday - 12th April, 1971. I had a roast pork and stuffing sandwich with crackling on the side, with my half of lager and lime, for lunch. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Been in there stacks of times since.

Amazing what comes back to you after all those years, isn't it? But I have to add maybe the fact I'd only been married for 2 days helps that? LOL

• Like Like x 1
  4. Serendipitous

Serendipitous Funster

Was there in March.. Walk to Studland bay and caught the bus back. nice scone in the trust cafe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cyclewalkbob

Cyclewalkbob Funster

We go there 2-3 times a year, there again with family in July.

Fantastic owners, it is a franchised CC&C site, they go that extra mile.

You can walk to the sea, about 6 - 7 miles, walk to Swanage and the seafront, 6 miles and Wareham 6 miles as well as into Corfe Caste. 1.5 miles.

Cycling is hilly but good.

One of our very favourite sites

• Like Like x 1