Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
can someone please tell me what the internal and external pumps are on control panel. I suppose the internal is for taps, shower etc. What is external about?

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
The Whale website indicates that yours is simply for supplying external water as per a caravan.

As in ---just feeds the pressure system??----if this is so---what switches the pump off when not using water???

I found a picture in some literature for my van when it was new-----it shows a picture of a hose with a tap fitting on the end connected to the water socket thing---described as 'town water inlet'-------in the list of options for the van it shows a 'supply module--infeed socket, public water connection, submerged pump with connecting hose and change-over valve'------------I don't know anything about 'a change-over valve'-----maybe?? this changes over power supply from inboard pump to external one ??___AND switches water supply from one source to the other ????
I haven't seen a switch-over valve anywhere------I wonder where it could possibly be ??
Nigel

Upvote 0

TERRY&PAULINE

Free Member
Feb 18, 2015
coventry
Funster No
MH
autocruise starfire
Exp
since 1987
Our Starfire has one built in, also came with the external pump, as our internal water tank is small we use a full collapsable water carrier for showering with the external pump

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I fitted a socket to my Autotrail as I find it very useful to top up the water when pitched for longer periods when you don't want to keep backing off the pitch just to top up you're water when you don't have a tap nearby for. Hose
Did the same with my Hymer & carry an Aquaroll on the cycle rack.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back