Continental Recovery

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Benni-Boy, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Benni-Boy

Benni-Boy Read Only Funster

Hi Guys. We are making our first trip abroad to France in July this year and I'm busy trying to plan for all eventualities. I went on the C&CC website regarding breakdown cover. Obviously my Green Flag UK cover will be no good.
    I entered details for one, two week trip in a 7metre motorhome and received a quote of £96. This seems rather steep just for 2 weeks cover, and is considerably more than the return ferry fare and more than the annual price for my UK cover. Are there any other organisations I could try as I don't want to go with no cover.
    Thanks

2. ralph-dot

ralph-dot Read Only Funster

my recovery for UK and Europe is £55 but not sure who it is with as I am not near the documentation

3. madbluemad

madbluemad

Are you covered by Arrivals the RAC breakdown and recovery system that is linked to the c&cc.

What was their quote based upon. I'm sure my cover doesnt cost that much, I'll check tonight with SWMBO.

Jim
    :Smile:

4. iceni

iceni Read Only Funster

I pay £65 for 12 months with lifesure

ww.lifesure.co.uk (or is it com)

Anyway they do anysize MH.

Phill

5. Braunston

Braunston Read Only Funster

Hi,

ADAC is always worth exploring, they like nearly everyone else have some restrictions, normally on weight or/and size, but I pretty sure they will cover your vehicle with no problem, they also cover all of your vehicles for one paymemnt and a very wide choice of countries and if you opt for the plus level it provides some medical protect and repatriation, well worth exploring either use the search on here or the link below should give you some ideas.

http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/a...ult.asp&ComponentID=30621&SourcePageID=193391

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/motorhome-insurance/8405-adac-breakdown-cover.html

6. TonyIsh UK

TonyIsh UK Read Only Funster

It is silly pricing !!!

Caravan Club does much the same about £95 for one trip and £130 for a whole year providing trips are not longer than 30 days each (Thats a Calais to Dover @09:30 and back again in the afternoon for another 30 days :thumb: )

That apart, it can be quite useful if you can get to Dover, If you book it right a return crossing is about the price of a tank of diesel and much more fun than going north for 399 miles. And you can go as often as you like for short breaks.

Rgds

7. pendy

pendy Read Only Funster

Brittania rescue, £69.00 per year.

8. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

thats odd 'cos i entered two weeks in july for an 8 year old motorhome and two people and it returned £69.

if you're an RAC Arrivals member you do get discounts.

Attached Files:

9. gogocrosby

gogocrosby Read Only Funster

Contact your insurance company and see if you can add annual cover for europe.