Connecting inverter leads permanently to leisure battery (1 Viewer)

chrisgog

Free Member
Dec 24, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
We cannot access our leisure battery positive and negative to connect our 800w inverter required to charge an electric bike battery. The two leisure batteries are tight under the passenger seat. I want to connect somehow without removing drivers seat every time ( no way) . We need to get someone to do this safely for us so any suggestions where to take it or what to do. Can we take it to an auto electrician in order to get a connector fitted or does it have to be a leisure vehicle fitter. I know nothing about electronics sorry

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This is my solution, a fly lead permanently connected.
Replaced clips with 30amp connectors ( 300 amp inverter)
image.jpg

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Connect to the battery terminals once only. Fix the inverter to a convenient place and use the inverter on/off switch when required. Dead easy, any competent DIYer can do this. Use thick wires to connect the inverter.
Phil

OP
OP
chrisgog

chrisgog

Free Member
Dec 24, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
So where can I get one of these leads please. What is the description name of them in order to Google the part. Thanks.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you are not doing it yourself I would say that any auto electrician could do it for you, if there was room I would be tempted to wire the inverter in with a 12v isolator and then just make the connection on the 240v side, otherwise as Manic has done with "Anderson connectors" but make sure the +ve side is suitably fused at the battery.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back