combined grey waste and toilet

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by philk, Jun 23, 2013.

1. philk

philk

A research Hymer vehicle is running a combined grey water system whereby the toilet waste is liquified and put in the grey tank. Whilst I understand that some of you with American units may be used to this, what should the others know? and do you empty in the same way?
    Add to that a fridge you can access from outside, why? Its unnecessary and a security risk.
    What do we think?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

No problem with it as long as you dont let it go on the campsite pitch and empty it in a designated dump point.

3. SuperMike

SuperMike Read Only Funster

No American units are not used to this. They have separate black and grey tanks. :Cool:

4. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

The RVs I have owned have a black tank for the toilet waste, and grey tank(s) for the shower/sink waste.
    Empty the black tank first (into a sewer waste), then flush the pipework with the grey. Never let the black into the grey.
    If you cannot let the black tank go, you can empty the grey into a drain, and do the black later.

Craig

5. John & Joan

John & Joan Funster

I can see problems with smells using this proposed method.

Urine stinks if left for more than 24 hours. Poo can be held in a cassette with little smell using a SOG and Bio liquid if urine is limited and disposed of separately. I can go 10 days between emptying the cassette using this method with 2 using the loo Full timing wilding. If moving about regularly I try to empty more often. A cassette is easier to empty in the UK as we don't have the luxury of Bourne empting. There is one MSA in the UK with a dump facility that is at Cobham on the M25 cost £5 to dump and no drinking water available.

I think the American two tanks method is preferable to putting the toilet waste into the grey water tank. Fit a moderator to the outlet for easier pumping to a remote drain.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013