Cold but nice weekend wilding in the lakes. (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just home after a cold but lovely weekend in the lakes with some Funster friends, stayed a couple of nights at the Sunn Inn at Pooley Bridge then a quite spot less than 1/2 mile from Keswick town center. If anyone fancies staying at The Sun Inn just email beforehand they were superb with us and very friendly, food was also excellent and no pressure from them to buy food.
Did a few lovely walks in the cold but dry weather, well apart from the one snow shower. This was followed by a few wee refreshments before heading back to the van where it was nice and toasty all night.
Lovely cream tea
image.png

Obligatory selfie at Derwent water
image.png

Toby having fun
image.png

Cold but nice over Derwent water
image.png

image.png

image.png

Sun made an appearance over Ullswater.
image.jpeg

It's like taking a kid into a sweet shop :)
image.png

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Looks lovely, we've never stayed any amount of time around the Lake District, usually just use Keswick CC site as a stopover en route to Scotland.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looks lovely, we've never stayed any amount of time around the Lake District, usually just use Keswick CC site as a stopover en route to Scotland.
You should use it as more than a stopover, such a lovely area with loads of wild spots and pub stopovers as well as CL's from £6 upwards

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Hi mate, glad you had a nice time. The Lakes are beautiful & more or less on your doorstep. Where did you wild camp?

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi mate, glad you had a nice time. The Lakes are beautiful & more or less on your doorstep. Where did you wild camp?
Yes your right about being on our doorstep as Ullswater is only 60 miles away, we stayed at the sun in for 2 nights then at High Hill just outside Keswick along with 4 other vans.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Love the lakes, was up there a few weeks ago near Buttermere (roads very narrow in places, especially to get to the lake) we actually got stuck in the snow and roll back down an hill - park up for the night, luckily it had thawed out by morning - not the worst place to be stranded, in fact i luved it :LOL::LOL:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Never been there but so much want to.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Presume that is Ullswater looking choppy in the background. There is a nice walk around the back from Pooley bridge to Glenridding that we did last year. Well we didn't quite get to pooley bridge but it was a great walk.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Yes your right about being on our doorstep as Ullswater is only 60 miles away, we stayed at the sun in for 2 nights then at High Hill just outside Keswick along with 4 other vans.

Sounds perfect, its lovely to chill out like that & I suppose thats the beauty of motorhomes.

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
Looks like you had a good time. We love the Lake District area, spend loads of time there, prefer it out of the main tourist season, roads a lot quieter and you can get on sites without having to book ahead too much.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
That's up north isn't it? I've not ventured beyond Watford before but am hoping to do so later this year.
Will I need one of those striped panels on the back where my bike is? Is Calor readily available or should I get a special adapter?
I already have a language CD and a phrase book so I should be OK.
What food should I take as I understand some northern dishes are hard to digest?
Is the NHS avaiable up there?

Getting excited.
:)

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
That's up north isn't it? I've not ventured beyond Watford before but am hoping to do so later this year.
Will I need one of those striped panels on the back where my bike is? Is Calor readily available or should I get a special adapter?
What food should I take as I understand some northern dishes are hard to digest?

Getting excited.

Don't forget your inoculations, passport, body guards and a dark coloured food dye to make it look like your shandy is proper beer :drink::rofl:

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners

Getting excited.
You'll know you're nearly there when the tarmac on the M6 changes to cobbles. :rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back