Club Membership.

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Merle Collins, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Merle Collins

Merle Collins Read Only Funster

Hi all,

Just looking to join one of the clubs - Camping and Caravanning Club or The Caravan Club....

With regards to member benefits, which one would you guys go for?

2. Tootles

Tootles Funster

We go for the CC, only because the facilitates tend to be of a high standard at every site....Just a whim really. Plus, you can choose your own spot, unlike the C&CC

• Like Like x 1
  3. Terry

Terry Funster

CC spotless sites C&CC more out of the way places but worth joining both if only to get info on the CL type network
    terry

• Like Like x 2
  4. peter marshall

peter marshall

We are in both cc uk ccc abroad on winter rallies. Pete

5. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

It depends why you wish to join either of them
    We belong to both and have done for 20 years or so.
    Don't really use the Caravan Club now so may drop that one next year except that we use a CL near to Dover when we are going to France or Spain.
    We use the Camping Club more as we book a Winter Rally in Spain and used one of the Temporary Holiday Sites last week in Norfolk.

Mike

6. Terry

Terry Funster

Just thought --you have to be in the C&CC to get RAC arivals

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

I'm a member of the CC but only use the CL's..........never been on one that I wouldn't go back to yet.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Merle Collins

Cheers guys.

We don't intend to leave Scotland really, so overseas benefits won't really matter.

The CC do seem to have some nice looking sites for sure...(y)

9. Bertie Bassett

They do and for many years we used the spotless facilities too but CL's are more to our liking and have less rigid rules and regs which can sometimes be irksome though I'm sure many on here love parking with the drivers side rear 125cms from the peg and 125 cms to the right. OK I'm exaggerating, if clean, quiet and regulated are your bag it has to be the CC but try out soem of the CL's to some of them really are superb and at a price we can afford.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

we are members of both

cc for their sites, both the big ones and the 5 van ones

c&cc for other sites and local rallies and nationwide holiday rallies, which are great on a budget £5-£8 a night. plus better RAC cover and rates

• Like Like x 2
  11. Clive

Clive Funster Life Member

I was a member of both but have just dropped CC because I realised I'm only really using C&CC these days. I go out witn their local DA a lot, CC you have to book and I'm not that organised. l also use a lot of their tempory holiday sites which are always good value for money.

12. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

We are members of the CC.
    Their sites are of a high standard, and it doesn't matter which one you go to, they are all pretty similar. Some of the rules can be a little strict, but playing "kiss the silly stick" after a long drive can be fun - especially if one of the guards wardens is watching :roflmto:

We looked at joining MCC, and joined their Facebook Group. However, some of the ideas / people / shenanigans has left us in no doubt that we want absolutely nothing to do with them. I'll be starting a separate thread when I get time !

• Like Like x 2
  13. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Cancelled my membership of the CC&C when they altered their pricing ! Now you only find the price when you arrive and experience taught me that they were up to 75% dearer than last year !!!!

14. gibbon

gibbon Read Only Funster

We use C&cc . Mainly use their CS's which have been good so far & no silly rules about how to park.
    Also their home ins. Is good, allowing us to be away for long periods without problems covering the house(didn't realise most companies only cover for 30 days absence).
    Mind you I agree with the earlier post re the new pricing structure. Bloody over complicated madness in my opinion.
    That will keep us away from their big main sites (apart from their emptying/refilling service for £7ish).

15. Debs

Debs Funster

Hi
    We're in both, have been for 20 odd years. If you are thinking of using club sites rather than cl's/cs's and you opt for the cc you may find that you need to book quite a way in advance. I put this down to the fact that they don't ask for a deposit so people book weekends up months in advance, assuming they will be able to make it. There's not really a penalty if you cancel.

When we were working we didn't know till a few days before hand that we could definitely get away. It can make for a frustrating few days ringing round trying to find a pitch. The online system isn't always accurate as we have been told by several wardens that they keep spare pitches.

We use cls/cs's most of the time now - many have the same facilities as club sites and are usually cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Percy52

Percy52 Funster

C&CC. We use the CS most and also love Hertford site. Also member of the Folk Dance and Song Group section- have attended some of their meets.Don't know if the CC have interest sections? I agree that booking for a weekend or one night can be frustrating for the big sites, but usually ok for CS.

17. Merle Collins

Thats great, thanks everyone.

It seems there's a definite split down the middle.

If I was not a member of either can I still fill up/empty at one of their sites?

And, in fact, is it worth it in Scotland?

Do the two clubs have 'other' benefits other than site access? Discounts, etc..

18. Bertie Bassett

Nice and have a like!

19. Bellini

Bellini Funster

We're members of both.

Can't separate the two. We book on location rather than club preference.

On balance, we've used more CC sites this year but only because they were in the areas we were visiting.

The CC rule of no pitch pre-booking works if you get to the site early. It's a right sod if you're travelling with friends and wish to be together. First come, first served and no concessions. I do find that annoying. The C&CC are better in that regard.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Merle Collins

Is there one of them that has better/more sites in Scotland? Particularly Northern Scotland.