CLs Full? (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2022
Holmfirth, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 135
Not a CL, but …
There’s me and one tent on this lovely Anglesey campsite. Nipped up the local peak (500ft) for a 3 mile circular walk on arrival. Then 9 miles on the costal path.
Drawbacks: No showers. No black disposal. Narrow through road (tarmac). Otherwise, pretty idyllic. (My first ever MH outing) £19pn.
Caerau Campsite. 53.396680,-4.527746. Found on Pitchup.

OP
OP
P
Nov 18, 2022
Holmfirth, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 135
You're in North Wales in April. No wonder its quiet, you are lucky its not snowing! :LOL: Sounds lovely though
All the CLs which I looked at were full. Two lovely sunny days. Today a washout like the rest of the UK. Hence, pottering etc. Tomorrow looking promising?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2022
Warrington, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 125
Not a CL, but …
There’s me and one tent on this lovely Anglesey campsite. Nipped up the local peak (500ft) for a 3 mile circular walk on arrival. Then 9 miles on the costal path.
Drawbacks: No showers. No black disposal. Narrow through road (tarmac). Otherwise, pretty idyllic. (My first ever MH outing) £19pn.
Caerau Campsite. 53.396680,-4.527746. Found on Pitchup.
Brynteg Glamping on Anglesey is good. Has lodges, eco domes and several Moho hard standings with electric ( included in pitch fee), grey waste point and water supply. Has black Waste disposal / cleaning facilities and even a good coffee vending machine. Showers and WCs warm and clean. Not £19 per night but has all the required facilities. 5 min drive from Benllech beach.

RemoteMediaFile_6553613_0_2022_06_14_11_57_16.jpeg

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Looking at a group of CL's near Bosworth Battlefield in early July. CAMC site says email them. One replied to say that they aren't taking any booking this year.... two haven't been arsed enough to reply or answer their phones. Must be full all the time then?

OP
OP
P
Nov 18, 2022
Holmfirth, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 135
Looking at a group of CL's near Bosworth Battlefield in early July. CAMC site says email them. One replied to say that they aren't taking any booking this year.... two haven't been arsed enough to reply or answer their phones. Must be full all the time then?
Did you try pitchup.com

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Three days on the trot for sunny Norfolk. Been in a T shirt most of the day, and sitting in pub beer gardens 😎🥳🥳🥳
Lazy bugger, I’ve been working hard and not had a beer :crying: :crying: :crying:

On better news’s ,van packing tomorrow to go away so will have a few then:beerchug::beerchug:

OP
OP
P
Nov 18, 2022
Holmfirth, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 135
Hmm! I may not have thought this through, properly. I like to investigate an area for a few days. Looks like it could be more expensive than I thought.

OP
OP
P
Nov 18, 2022
Holmfirth, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 135
Hmm! I may not have thought this through, properly. I like to investigate an area for a few days. Looks like it could be more expensive than I thought.
I guess the unpredictability of the weath is also part of the fun! I managed to find a two hour dry slot today so did manage a stroll on local paths (probably the first person to set foot on them for 30 years!)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
But doesn’t that mean that I spend my holiday driving?
Only if you want to. As with 2x2camper and Figaro I sometimes only travel 20 miles to the next stop. That's the beauty of a m/home - just wander and stop at will.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
We're all different, I sometimes just spend one night in a place, then move on. When I find somewhere I like and there seems to be plenty of interest, I stay a few nights.
You will find your own pace that you are comfortable with.
Prices for campsites have rocketed recently, but there are some reasonably priced ones, then fit in a couple of remote wild camping places or pub parkups and you needn't spend a fortune.
Searchforsites and park4night are useful for finding sites.

Reactions: f6c
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Are you on a grass pitch ? they can be troublesome in wet weather, especially if you have to go up an incline to get out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back