clothes

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bmb1uk, Mar 13, 2010.

1. bmb1uk

bmb1uk Read Only Funster

just wondering what clothes you take, on wild camping,suit tie,evening dress etc, or good old jeans/t shirt

2. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Usually jeans, couple of pairs of crags, 400 pairs of socks and pants (if my o/h estimate is to be beleived - running joke!) maybe one shirt, rest are t-shirts, few sweats etc.

O/H takes mainly smart casual, crags , jeans and tops and few zip up jumpers- never find her in a dress! lol! (another running joke!)

Other than that - the wooly hi-viz always comes along...just in case! Only ever needed it once, when we had a puncture. Nice and warm when roadside!:thumb:

3. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Good old jeans and T shirt. Would try and take a slightly tidier outfit just in case, ie black trousers and nicer top, perhaps even a bit of slap for the wrinkles, although some things are beyond redemption.

Ivy

4. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Usually go out for meal so take suit and or shirt and tie and cashmere boss overcoat also some tweed stuff to slob in

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

leather laderhosen, gimp suit, whip, bridle and bit...oh no, thats for my fetish weekends. :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Jeans + polo shirt multiplied by 4 or 5....dont do 'dressing up' unless its a funeral or wedding.

the clothes do not maketh the man. :thumb:

6. sedge

sedge Funster

Far too many I'd say LOL - and this is a WOMAN saying that!!!

I can't bear to be parted from a lot of it but always land up wearing the same 3 things for a fortnight (no not the underwear!!! - although on bike holidays I have been known to only take 3 prs skids and do handwashing, have a pic somehwere of a black Honda Blackbird on a campsite somewhere in France being used as a washing line! LOL) as I always try to keep something 'in case' because if I think what the hell and wear it anyway, as sure as God made little green apples I will drop pasta sauce down the front of it .....

7. JayDee

JayDee Funster

A pair of smart casual trousers (maybe two for long holidays), a smart shirt suitable for the expected climate (or maybe two), socks and shoes, smart casual jacket for if it gets a bit nippy - all the above is my going out gear (restaurant, bar, visiting friends, etc.). Lowe Alpine, various layers to go under it, Buff, Trackster leggings (they're water repelant), jeans, waterproof over-leggings, Demon boots (they're a bit lighter), Berghaus boots (one or the other or both, depending on the climate), a selection of walking socks, a cagoul, woolly hat, thin gloves, silk tights (if it's cold).

Then the rest of it consists of shorts, leggings, lycra shorts, vests, T-shirts, polo shirts, fleece, shower jacket, trainers, trecking sandals, flip-flops, underwear, lounge pants, swimmies, a sarong or two (like Beckham but long before he did). Oh yes, a smile.

Mrs. JayDee takes similar sorts of stuff (female equivalent) but seemingly more of it and a bit more dress-up stuff. She always brings the wrong stuff though - as in 'I wish I'd brought ******* with us instead of this ########'. But that's the Mrs. I guess. At least she leaves me a bit of room in the wardrobe.

John

8. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Pappa john i have to disagree i like nice clothes and beleive that men do not make as much effort as women. If they spend an hour getting ready to look good for themselves and us then the least we can do is wear a shirt and tie. Nothing worse than a good looking woman on the arm of a scruff bloke. Not that i am saying you are just generalising

9. JayDee

JayDee Funster

Couldn't agree more. Nice restaurant, beautiful woman simply but beatifully dressed, nice makeup, hair brushed out; a bit of a head turner. Bloke in flip-flops (or maybe it was dirty trainers but no socks) knee length baggy beach shorts, baggy T-shirt, unshaved, hair brushed Tuesday before last. It was probably not connected but half way through their meal it was obvious there was strife in the camp and she upped and walked out. I would have expected her to walk out on me if I'd taken her out dressed like that. It displays a completely selfish lack of respect for the partner in my book.

John

10. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Glad its not just me had a few scotches and thought i may have offended some folk but now your in the camp we can take the flak together. Lol

11. pappajohn

everyone to their own of course, but if i started wearing a shirt and tie to the pub she'd start asking some serious and awkward qeustions.:Rofl1:

i do draw the line at tatty, torn jeans and always make sure my clothes are clean and tidy....at the start of the evening at least. :Wink:

never have felt relaxed in 'formal' clothing but i do own a couple of suits and a tux for those 'special' occasions but to wear a shirt and tie, day in and day out, is too much 'i want to be my 1940's dad' for me.

thank god for the 50's and 60's :thumb:

12. sedge

sedge Funster

A man taking me out in his suit and tie? - sorry, I think the least a chap could do is to wear summat different to his flipping work clothes when he takes me out! :Rofl1:

I'm very much with Papa John here. I don't actually know anywhere round here where I'd say you would be in company with suit and tie?

I used to be quite snotty-nosed about stuff like that, I think travelling on the back of a motorbike cures you of that. If we wanted to go to Chateau Wherever to sample their gourmet menu whilst in the area on a bike then we would. If they refused us admittance for dress code, then that's their loss not ours partic. Take the wallet elsewhere! It's hard sometimes to keep your hair really tidy under a skid lid, esp if you've had it on the last 200 miles.

I wouldn't set out to a dinner dance in me Sidi boots, that's stupid, I'd obviously take a pair of leather-soled sandals I could dance properly in.

Likewise designer stubble doesn't annoy me now like it once used to.

I think the two caveats, "clean and tidy" and "good manners" say everything!

13. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

best for wild camping is ex army gear .. :thumb:

don't know where the rest of the posters wild camp, must be in a shopping mall .. :RollEyes:

just can't see a need for a tux, suit, collar and tie in the wild..

14. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

We always take 1 smart outfit just in case theres something very special we want to go to at the last minute

15. pappajohn

just the one ?????

what's the other half wear then :Rofl1::Rofl1:

16. jaygee

jaygee Funster

About 20 years ago we went to Butlins for the weekend in our caravan and I forgot to pack any underwear for hubby. It was late - no shops open and we were going to the evening shows so he had to wear a pair of my frilly knickers - the kids thought it hilarious and he's never lived it down. Mind you I think he quite enjoyed it - a legitimate reason for wearing them!!

17. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

My o/h and I lark around all the time - we spend most of our life laughing.

She has a dare for me one day - that I should meet and greet customers with a shirt and tie on....and a pair of loud boardies! :Rofl1:

18. Bulletguy

Bulletguy Read Only Funster

Hmmm......"had to".........are you really sure of that?!! :Wink: :BigGrin:

19. tiggs

tiggs Read Only Funster

Hi with all this talk of clothes I thought of something and hoped someone could help when traveling down to Spain mid December and back mid January I was freezing in the cab of our fiat coach built it was -7 going down and even colder on the way back the heater was working but did not seem man enough as the drought from the doors around the handles was really bad it was mainly my legs and feet and ended up with a fleece around my legs as it was the first time we have been away this distance in the winter can anyone tell me if this is normal and if so is there a solution to the problem ie.door insulation thank you Tiggs

20. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

hi there,we are not wild campers but i would have thought if the camping is going to be that wild then who needs clothes:Rofl1::Rofl1: regards brian jo & josh