Clean Pipes

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by CJB, Jul 22, 2013.

1. CJB

CJB Funster

I have a rather unpleasant smell coming from my bathroom shower and sink plug holes, any suggestions on the best way to clean the pipework. The smell kick up when travelling if the plugs are left out. clearly I try and remember to leave the plugs in, but I would still like to get rid of the smell.

2. BgClick

BgClick Funster

We popped a biological liquid pouch in the sink before our last trip and the result was a very pleasant odour when we ran off the grey waste :Smile:

• Like Like x 3
  3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

I always try to empty the waste tank on site, shut the tank off again dilute some bio liquid with 2 or 3 liters of clean water and pour a bit down each plug hole. The journey home or on to next site does the job of swishing this around nicely. If not going away again for a few weeks I will empty the waste tank again at home and leave it open. We used to get the bad drain smells but not now, I think we inherited a rather poorly looked after waste water system but it all seems fine now.

5. TheDogMan

TheDogMan Funster

The bio liquid was another example of the great tips available from FUN when I got my van 20 months ago, I put a squeeze down the sink after every empty and I some times use a jug to put a diluted dose all the drainholes to keep everything smelling good

• Like Like x 1