Clean Clothes

Discussion in 'Full Timers' started by luddingtonhall, Jul 1, 2010.

1. luddingtonhall

luddingtonhall Read Only Funster

I'm thinking about fulltiming and one thing has me wondering as I've not seen any threads on this. How do you all get your clothes clean? Launderette's? Hand washing? Not bother?:Rofl1:

2. 656

656 Read Only Funster

I used a launderette when not near a friends house, and by hand when abroad!

3. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

Are you getting an RV or a Eurobox??

The A class RVs have washing machines, but ive seen some really small portable washing machines for sale as well.

4. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

You can get a nice plastic washing line from Morrisons and tie it to a couple of trees, get your pegs out and off you go.
    Ivy

5. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Turn them inside out once a month.. :Rofl1:

If you are campsite full timing most have launderettes,, if not a lot of towns do or buy a small portable one.. :thumb:

We bought one of e.bay that works of mains,, dont hold much but works ok. :thumb:

6. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

7. luddingtonhall

Brilliant, thanks everyone! Just wondered how it was done.

Dazzer, I'm currently torn between an A class or a fifth wheel. Just got to go look at some for layout ideas to help narrow it down, whilst I try to cover as many practicalities as possible.

8. Jim

Jim Ringleader

We have full timing friends who when they visit us never pass up a chance to use the washing machine. Of course they refuse the offer at first, then when you insist they say "Oh go on then" and then produce two full bin liners of dirty clobber:BigGrin:

9. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

there are some portable sort of hand type washing machines available on ebay

but personally find a laundrette xxxxxx many sites have them

10. PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop Funster Life Member

Never did!!!! :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Seriously though! In UK and Europe we use launderettes or sites with washers. In time you get to know the places that are good for doing your washing!:Smile:

I don't hand wash at all due to arthritic hands so make sure we have enough clothes for at least 2 weeks - then we know we need a site with a washing machine and tumble dryer if weather a bit iffy!

The longest we have lasted was 3 weeks - that was a marathon of a day washing!!!

In Europe you can usually hang a washing line between trees - not so easy in UK!

Once you get in to it it's quite easy!:Smile:

I suppose now I'm going to get a load of flak about the amount of clothing I've got in our van!!:Rofl1::Rofl1:

If anyone wants to know campsites with good laundry facilities just ask!:Rofl1:

11. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

12. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

Go for the 5er every time, bigger, cheaper, more home comforts (like actually going upstairs to bed!!!) and you get to buy a bloody bert big American pickup to pose in and drive around in when not draggin the 5er around. Its worth getting one just for that!!!:Rofl1:

Its a no brainer for me the 5er would win hand down every time if I were going full time :thumb:

13. PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop Funster Life Member

People I know who use one of these portable machines or do hand washing end up doing washing every day :Doh:

Using a launderette or campsite washer means you do it every 2 weeks!:thumb:

Far too busy having FUN to wash every day!:Rofl1::Rofl1:

14. luddingtonhall

I am leaning that way.... all my research seems to be aiming more and more for the 5er. I've seen more of them with layouts I like, plus I much prefer a proper sofa to one of those daybed things you seem to get in MH's! and as you say, a pickup! wooohooo!:BigGrin:

15. Mandaxxx

Mandaxxx Read Only Funster

I'm glad someone asked the 'washing clothes' question before I had to, we are getting closer to our 'off' date-just waiting for the house sale completion.
    I ccould see that if I had a washing machine it would prob be used more than is neccessary, sdo I'm going the route:
    'if you can get another day/2 out of it wear it otherwise hand wash or wait for a laundrette'.
    I wonder about a bucket with a tight fitting lid, water,soap, clothes then leave for a journey from A to B and see what you get!!!! We are going to tow an enclosed trailer for the scooter and the things we just can't do without and to keep the laden weight down on the van. The thing that worries me also about a washing machine is the weight, how much do they weigh???:thumb:
    PS Yes I have paid my subs-it's either that or we loose the Forum!

16. patr

patr Read Only Funster

Manda

We have one of the little twin tubs, bought off EBay, and it is a fabulous bit of kit. The spin dryer is superb and to be honest it was the feature we wanted the most. But the washer side is equally good.

The machine weighs 11kg empty, works fine off a 300w inverter and if you wash, spin the clothes and return the soapy water to the washer and carry on washing until you are ready to clean rinse, then it is very good on water usage.

The spinner leaves the clothes almost dry.

Would not be without it now after initially thinking that those who had one were a bit flash!

17. 6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy Read Only Funster

I have to say that the answers to this post suprise me a little. reading through the site everyday you could be excused for thinking the funsters are much more interested in space for wine than space for a washing machine :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

18. chatter

couldnt of put it better, i agree i would rather have the small twintub and be able to do what i want when i want and know that the clothes will be dry in roughly an hour if hung out or in the morning if hung in the van overnight, beats paying launderette charges for me as im still old fashioned and like to do whites, coloureds, towels, sheets etc all seperately, and hand washing means they take all day to dry and thats if it doesnt rain

19. Mrs Munchie

Mrs Munchie Funster

Hi, could you tell us the make please as we may be interested in getting one. :BigGrin:

20. chatter