clarke ig 1000 suitcase generator update

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by campa cola, Apr 26, 2013.

1. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Hi All, sorry to bring up the genny debate again!! I have read the previous posts on the clarke ig 1000 suitcase inverter generator & am just asking for some up to date feedback from users of said machine?

I am also considering the KiporIG2000 New at £445 on fleabay, the clarke can also be had new for £300 on Fleabay .....but still wavering.......

A Honda is not on the RADAR at all....:cry:

TIA

2. ukbill

ukbill Funster

kipor

3. greyman1

greyman1 Read Only Funster

ive had a clarke ig 1000 for about 2yrs now [machine mart £270] works fine but they are a bit on the loud side . regards garry

4. WAG2CRU

WAG2CRU Read Only Funster

Hi I have just bought a Kipor 2000 I have sent you a PM re my experience with one e bay supplier.:Sad:

Though now having received one from elsewhere, its a great piece of kit.

5. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

most of the reviews I read on the Clarke 1000 seemed pretty good the same can't be said about the larger model they do. after a lot of looking and review reading I went for the Hyundai 1000si It's been ok so far and comes with a 2 year warrenty.

6. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

I read on here that the clarkes was ok BUT a bit heavy on oil......
    We have a Honda 10i ..1kw and a Kipor 2kw both ok...the Kipor is a little on the heavy side so we only take it when realy needed.. but we do use the Honda silient 10i..1kw most of the time:thumb:

Mel

7. stcyr

stcyr Funster

We have a 1.0 inverter generator, except it's not actually a Clarke but the same machine exactly as the one sold by Clarke in UK. Ours came from Gédimat (building materials supplier), in Normandy, for 185euros. 2 years warranty.
    We've used it quite heavily for various purposes over 3 years now, with no problems at all... for running power tools, lighting etc. during building and land work.
    When using it in (well, outside :RollEyes:) the MH we often have to turn the tv volume down to establish it's still running, so no complaints about noise either.

:thumb:

8. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Hyundai appears to be the up and coming generator choice in the mid price range