Clacton parking? (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2020
Woking, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
Since 2020
Morning all. Good weather has forced us to have yet another short trip out in Mona the Moho. :sneaky:
This time we are heading to Essex and near to Clacton on Sea. Does anyone know of any parking, paid or free for a few hours on that coast line and in town please for a 7m Moho.
Also if you've been there, any other hints, good walks/cycle rides or things to do ( we have a dog).
Many thanks.
Alan.

Sep 13, 2019
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
Word of warning do not park in the coach park as you will receive a parking fine (guess how I know!). You can park on the beach front from memory and Morrisons has 2 x MH spaces see link below.

Tendering council is not keen on having MH’s to visit and most of the car parks have height restrictions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Most of the seafront also has bans on motorhomes.

Welcome to clacton!

Sep 13, 2019
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
Dover court & Holland on sea appear to have parking for MH and they are just up the road from Clacton. The parking on the sea front is mainly for smaller MH.

Details from Tendering council below

c0a87e68-3788-49b4-b787-100ab038ab09.jpeg

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Walton on the Naze is your best option. On grass parking at the Naze, lots of walking etc

PS I live in Clacton, where are you going to in Clacton ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mona Owner
Oct 2, 2020
Woking, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
Since 2020
Walton on the Naze is your best option. On grass parking at the Naze, lots of walking etc

PS I live in Clacton, where are you going to in Clacton ??
Hi and thanks for the advice. We've never been and staying at Acacia House CL site for 5 nights. Hoping to cycle and walk with dog a bit. He loves a beach! And of course soak up this Indian Summer.
Alan

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Have you booked for the five nights? There's one a bit further into brighlingsea where you can walk to the beach and brighlingsea town and harbour. Folkards lane, really secluded. We've stayed there ourselves
My son in law is the deputy harbour master there. Great for crabbing aswell!!

Acacia house is a bit too far to walk into Brighlingsea though if you can walk down to the creek - not sure if there's footpaths into Brighlingsea itself along the creek? I would assume there is, if you can access the creek from the CL?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back