Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
Can I just say a big thank you to Dave Newell for alerting us that our fridge wasn't connected after switching gas bottles. Oh buy the way I have just realised that I should have been star strucked, Practical Motorhome Gurue:Smile: :Smile:
Mike:Smile:
Thanks Dave Newell

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
A great weekend

Thank you Jim & Sian and all other funsters who made us welcome::bigsmile:::bigsmile:.
We enjoyed the whole weekend (have already put overnight rail repairs and todays rain out of our minds). Had a pie for lunch, just had sausages for supper washed down with alcoholic ginger beer and finishing off with some cheese and cider:thumb::thumb:. Food Drink and Lifestyle - yeah they got that right.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Can I just say a big thank you to Dave Newell for alerting us that our fridge wasn't connected after switching gas bottles. Oh buy the way I have just realised that I should have been star strucked, Practical Motorhome Gurue:Smile: :Smile:
Mike:Smile:
Thanks Dave Newell

You're very welcome Mike but I struck no one::bigsmile:.

D.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
We had a great time at Chester, so much to see and do, where did the time go? This was our first rally with the funsters and certainly not our last. Thanks Sain and Jim for making us feel welcome. Hopefully have a chance next time to meet some funsters. Found it hard to drag ourselves away from all the nice food and BEER.

And Chester was fantastic, what a beautiful city.
Mike and Nic:Smile:

Can you put us down for next year:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Our sentiments entirely, thanks again Sian and Jim. Us meet newbies were made very welcome. Excellent venue.We will be back,and have just checked the events calendar around work and child sitting duties. I think Malvern will be next, even though we may need to bring somegrandchildren with us. Our kids used to enjoy the western weekends that the C&CC had, so it should be a good one.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thank you Jim and Sian for another great meet, also for the Pimms afternoon, cake time and sunday bacon rolls brekky :thumb:

The special effects of Aliens landing was something else (you had to be there to believe it)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It was lovely to meet new funsters , and meeting up with old friends

Looking forward to the next time :thumb::thumb::thumb:

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Chester

Thanks Jim & Sian and all concerned for the good organisation at Chester. We enjoyed the Pimms and bacon rolls and have a fridge full of goodies. I am not sure what made me buy some very expensive olive oil but I am sure it will be delicious. Now visiting son and family in Heswall, Wirral. Looking forward to Peterborough.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Here are a few links to other threads, just in case you have not seen them and want to see what you missed:

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
Thank you Jim & Sian and all the funsters who made us welcome, this was our first meet but it will not be our last

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Jim and Sian for yet another great rally.

When I left, the traffic in Chester was hellish. But being brave I selflessly endured the 20 minute drive home to North Wales. One day I'll get to try that fifth gear thing. After unloading the van I sat in my chair and thought of you all. But not for very long. When I woke up I took solace from the frequent traffic reports on the radio. :cry:

I think I may need to return to the race course soon to replace all the stolen grass I hid on the carpets in the van. :RollEyes:

Seriously, it was great to meet old friends (ones I've known for a while not ones who are aged) and meet a lot of new ones too. Although the weather tried its very best to disrupt proceedings my conclusion is its the FUN people who make these meetings so kewl. :Smile:

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks Jim and Sian

Another great get together, in a smashing location.

Looking forward to Peterborough - should have lost the weight we've gained at Chester by then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Pete and Di

Lofty

Free Member
Jul 27, 2010
Englishman in South Wales
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
18 Months
BIG thanks to Jim and Sian for another great meet, met a few new Funsters::bigsmile: looking forward to seeing them again::bigsmile:
Had wild boar and apple sausages for tea!!!!!! Blooming lovely::bigsmile:
Thanks again, Ken and Jude (Lofty):thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
BIG thanks to Jim and Sian for another great meet, met a few new Funsters::bigsmile: looking forward to seeing them again::bigsmile:
Had wild boar and apple sausages for tea!!!!!! Blooming lovely::bigsmile:
Thanks again, Ken and Jude (Lofty):thumb:

Hey Ken, didn't know you were a runner too?
Could of come on that race with me on Sunday morning, oh, no, hold on maybe after Saturday night you wouldn't of made it. :roflmto::roflmto:

Thank Jude for kidnapping me and along with her Sister in law nearly killing me with Alcohol poisoning before the big race.

Never mind Jude,,,, Ill get my own back,, just you wait and see :thumb:
great night though

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
All good fun

Just got back from Chester today, via a stay near Worcester to avoid the monday traffic and going via Bristol to get a split shower tap repaired - many thanks Paul for the quick diagnosis of why the pump was not switching off in the van LOL and yes we did look at other vans but did not succumb (today anway). Really enjoyed and would come again if rain promises to stay away, traffic is less getting there and there are no aliens around at 2am!

BIG thank you to Jim and Sian for organising and for the lovely welcome :Smile:

Lynn and Kev

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I think I may need to return to the race course soon to replace all the stolen grass I hid on the carpets in the van. :RollEyes:

Not just me then :RollEyes:

I should have added that to the questionnaire I handed in - "no need to cut the grass for my benefit next time.....please".

(One man oand his RV - with hanging roadkill)

Glad you were impressed with the hooks - are they optional accessories on a Rapido?

As for the ones in my 'van - they held a coat, an LED lantern and some bags...no deceased wildlife!

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
.no deceased wildlife!

Bleedin ell they were still alive, poor bu&&ers..

Mind you, one of them did remind me a little of Old Mo... Sort of Old and Boney, better stewed than fried...

Can you imagine, feeling hungry and all thats left to eat was Old Mo, makes you want to try being one of those vegetarians.

Question, do you follow Road Runners method of slaughter, the " Lump hammer in the bathroom" or simply shoot them?

Just wondering...

Just had a thought, Biggles from JCMH would be even worse than Old Mo, sort of semi pickled I reckon (Biggles that is).. By all accounts he looks like a gherkin, sort of green and slimy. Mind you Old Mo is now fully tanned up, white bits to flash at the local Poundland shop.

Just imagine One man and his RV, in 30 years time, you will be old, just like Biggles and Old Mo, so enjoy the road kill as long as you can, when you get your teeth out then it will become more difficult and you will have no need for a knife or fork, just a spoon, (like Old Mo and Biggles)

Ah well, off to bed I reckon..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back