Chester Food and Drink (1 Viewer)

Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Many thanks to Jim,Sian and helpers for a great weekend in Chester. We came home a day early due to the rainy forecast for tomorrow and not really wanting to pack up in it:cry:Enjoy the rest of your stay.
Mike and Carol

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Great time at Chester Festival

Many thanks to Jim, Sian and all the other funsters for a great weekend at the Chester Food festival.( It brought back happy memories for me of playing hockey on the Roodee when I went to school there many aeons agos.):Doh:
The show was great with lot of lovely stuff to eat and drink. The staff were friendly and there was lots of room for us:Smile:

The Network rail sandblasting show at 2.15 am did not keep us away from the Tai Chi class this morning but I did think the aliens had landed.:winky:
Hope you all sleep well tonight.
Van away in storage and back having cuppa in front of the fire.
Best wishes
Lucille

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Sandblastin was it? it kept us awake til about 4 am then we stayed in bed til about nine, had a wander across to the bacon bar had a quick chat and a cob , had a look at Ken`s van and deduced he had run out of gas hmmmm and then went for a wander round, we left about 1 ish cos the weather for tomorrow is not good. All in all not a bad weekend Cheers everybody

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Lovely weekend. We are back now working out whatsits off wishing we were still there :). Thanks to all

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Yep another well organized meet thanks to Jim and Sian:thumb:, and thanks for looking after our keys:Doh: and thanks to all funsters at the meet:winky:
We found Chester to be a lovely place:Smile: we will visit again:thumb:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Chester Easter Rally

A great big Thank You to Sian and Jim for all their fine efforts!!

Despite the weather, good to catch up with old friends and make
new ones :wine: :ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to Peterborough now ::bigsmile:

S:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Still here on a soggy racecourse only a few left, thanks to Jim and Sian and all the other helpers... Great meet as usual with fun meets, enjoyed so much of it but disappointed by the train workers..... Great to meet so many new people as well as old ones :winky:

Haggers

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
We had a great weekend thanks to Jim and Sian and everyone else who helped out. The weather was a lot better than originally forecast although Thursday evening was freezing. We left this morning due to the rain but it wasn't torrential just persistent. We saw some interesting wildlife as well: Blackcaps, Jenny Wren, moorhens, Herons, Cormorants, a buzzard or two and even a couple of what we believe were Hen Harriers. Gaz43 and myself walked the walls yesterday and took a few snaps, I may post a few later if they're any good. Time for a beer or three now though:RollEyes:

D.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Another great meet - thank you Jim & Sian!

We even managed to rock the 'entertainment' tent for an hour on Friday night.

Home safely despite the Shrewsbury ring-road looking like it was Bank Holiday Monday ::bigsmile:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
More like Chester Food and Drunks..

I still did not hear the sound of BR cleaning...

Oh yes thanks all, and yes Jim, it was a handbag..

Roll on 2013 ( I may have to buy another T shirt Grand Slam 2013 and we still beat the mongrals)

Big thanks to J & S, J & C, TOS,Richard W and my Beer importer (One man oand his RV - with hanging roadkill) and of course Sundance and his trainer..

Carol, next time, more time and send Eddie away..

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
We had a great time at Chester, so much to see and do, where did the time go? This was our first rally with the funsters and certainly not our last. Thanks Sain and Jim for making us feel welcome. Hopefully have a chance next time to meet some funsters. Found it hard to drag ourselves away from all the nice food and BEER.

And Chester was fantastic, what a beautiful city.
Mike and Nic:Smile:

Can you put us down for next year:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I was looking out for shiftzz, but didn't notice anyone looking like your avitar
:roflmto:

Indeed, I was undercover...

photofit22a-thumb.jpg

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Got back home about 3:15, surprisingly not raining all the way.

Many thanks to Jim & Sian for all the organisation, pity the weather didn't behave.

Many thanks also to the Funsters we managed to talk to who made it a great weekend.

We did our best to keep the Druid quiet on the [STRIKE]periphery[/STRIKE] end of the first line of vans and apologise for the few occasions when he escaped without his lead on :ROFLMAO:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hey up Hilda where was you pitched, BR made enough racket to wake the dead but obviously not the drunks,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: we were parked on the third row just in front of the bar stewards, I bet they were laughin their socks off:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
chester meet

Hi had a great time this weekend thanks jim and sian. Met loads of nice people and yes wasp network rail did wake up the drunk aswell.:Smile:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
just in after a round about route back

Great meet once again:thumb: thanks to all and great to meet new faces and carry on from where we left off with the other ones::bigsmile:

note to self....remember Alka-Seltzer for the Haggers do! :beer:

Lyngary

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2011
Sudbury, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Home in a proper time to make up for Thursday! Thanks everso Jim and Sian for all your organising. The bacon rolls yesterday rivalled anything the Show had to offer. Looking forward to Peterborough.

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
once again i go on a rally and i lose a day eat too much no one talks no one says hello no one helps any one and no one has fun. Right that should sort out any body else coming next year.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

same again please :beer::wine::party2::drink::thanks:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Just worked it out why I never heard the BR gang work at night....

Its down to the higher build quality of the Rapido compared to second rate 'Eric' vans...

Time to change you lot....

Just look at the new Burstner.... Treacle has ordered one...

Attachments

• 20120406_084313.jpg
    20120406_084313.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 35
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I don't think I drove down the A483 this morning...more like floated :Eeek:

Thanks everyone for the welcome and your help...

...Jim & Sian for arranging this...and for the Pimms....and the cake on Saturday...of which I had a few pieces :Blush:

...the Haganaps for lending me the water tank & 'wheels'... :thumb:

...and the kind couple (sorry...I did not get your name) who transported them back with their motorhome from the fresh water point on Thursday evening.

...Taran_Las and champers for filling me with enough 'antifreeze' on Thursday night to negate the cold :Smile:

And no thanks to Network Rail for early Sunday morning :RollEyes:

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
Just like to say a big thank you to Jim and Sian for another great meet. We enjoyed every minute of it, it was nice to see old friends again and of course to meet new ones too. :thumb:
Looking forward to peterborough now

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks Jim and Sian we really enjoyed the meet we don't come to many but always enjoy them.:thumb::thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Just worked it out why I never heard the BR gang work at night....

Its down to the higher build quality of the Rapido compared to second rate 'Eric' vans...

Time to change you lot....

Just look at the new Burstner.... Treacle has ordered one...

We never heard the railway boys playing in the night either, must be testament to the build quality of my self converted Iveco:ROFLMAO:. There is three full inches of insulation in most of my walls.

D.

Richard W

Deceased RIP
Jul 29, 2010
Burwash, Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just Starting
Thanks to Sian & Jim for an excellent Meet as well as the Pimms / Cake / Bacon Butties (in approximately that order). Nice to meet up with friends old and new.

Rain? That was a hosepipe-free ‘Van wash for those of us from the South East…

Happy Travels,
Richard W.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We got home a little while ago. We had a great time. Thanks to everyone who braved the rain and turned up. It was fun:thumb:

Just having a lovely glass of red wine, some gorgeous French bread and some blue cheese made by some ex corrie star, all bought from the show:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back