Cheltenham CC site

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by camocam1, Sep 19, 2013.

1. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

Unless you really want to visit Cheltenham give it a wide berth just parked up on the racecourse car park and NO pitches are level and at £19.50 night not worth it !!! In my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  2. Monty1083

Monty1083 Read Only Funster

Hmmm... Haven't heard this before about Cheltenham Racecourse but then it was a racecourse before it was a caravan site! It is also located on the edge of the Cotswold escarpment at the foot of Cleeve Hill so.... That said there is no mention in the Club book about the site not being level.

There are a number of other sites around the Cheltenham area depending on whether or not you want to use your vehicle. Briarfields is a commercial site which always looks quite nice - and flat - and is located near a Park & Ride and on a service bus route to Cheltenham. It's about 3 miles from the town centre just off the A40 near GCHQ. :thumb:

3. kkclassic

kkclassic

Hi

Best place to stay in Cheltenham is Briarfields camp site http://www.briarfields.net/ we have stayed in the motel and the camp site and both are very good. The added bonus is that it is just down the road from Motorhome Medics so servicing and repairs are available.

Kevin and Tricia

• Like Like x 1
  4. Detnor

Detnor Funster

It was here I learnt a lesson about parking on the levelling ramps.
    Having rained heavily, I reversed off onto the sloping surface in front of the grandstand.
    At this point, all of the water that had collected on my levelled roof came off
    and soaked my wife.

• Like Like x 1
  5. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

Hopefully stay dry but thanks for heads up wife can collect the ramps when we leave on Sunday

6. rolandrat

rolandrat Funster

My opinion of Cheltenham racecourse is probably in conflict but you can only go off what is on offer. I thought the site and the staff was spot on. As for the location, two minutes to the bus stop for a 5 minute ride to the town centre, what more could you ask for. I agree, there are some pitches which need levelling blocks but you can come up against this anywhere. The top of the site is all grass and all the pitches are level. If you arrive late then you will be offered the opportunity to choose a pitch of your choice. I will definitely use it again.

7. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Strange how we all have different experiences, yes we had to level the van, but found the site convenient and the staff as helpful as any we have come across.

It was beautiful and sunny when we were there, sometimes it makes a lot of difference. :Smile:

8. Monty1083

Monty1083 Read Only Funster

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Sorry!!!!

9. mondo

mondo Read Only Funster

Stayed there a couple of times and really enjoyed it OK you have to use levelling blocks not a problem really..My late partner Dawn loved the place..Thats cos they named a stand after her (OK so it's called The Dawn Run Stand but it was close:Wink:) as you say bus from the park and ride a 2 minute walk and only a quid or so to town..and a lovely town it is ..

10. JayDee

JayDee Funster

... or free if you're over 60 and have a bus pass :BigGrin::thumb:

We stayed there a couple of times when MCC ran a Fireworks Rally in early November. Heard a rumour this was going to be run again, but no solid evidence as yet.

John