Chausson Eberspacher heater

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Dochie, May 16, 2014.

1. Dochie

Dochie Funster

Hi

Just back from touring in the north of Scotland with our Chausson best of 10 which is fitted with the Eberspacher heater.
    I was just wondering if I am the only one who finds the heater noisy.
    I don't mean the fan noise, it is the constant clicking of the fuel pump which seems to reverberate through the van.
    The pump lives underneath the passenger side door step and is fitted with a rubber mounting but if you try to run the heater on low at night it is like Chinese water torture.
    Is this just my van or has anyone else experienced this and more to the point has anybody come up with a way to quieten it.

2. Pat4Neil

Pat4Neil Read Only Funster

The solenoid pump shouldnt be that loud.
    Try taking it out of its rubber mount and see if it helps. ( hold it in your hand at different angles )
    You might need to modify it mounting. Its not critical that it is fixed to a wall or bulkhead, it is however critical that the pump sits on an incline of about 20 degrees (fuel in at the bottom )
    You cannot here my fuel pump at all, but the heater does sound like a jet engine until it gets hot.

Hope this helps.

Neil

3. gozomike

gozomike Funster Life Member Life Member

I have an Eberspacher heater on a AutoSleeper and the only sound I get is from the fan.