Chausson 630 tracker location (1 Viewer)

Oct 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
Vast
I have recently bought a 2018 Chausson 630 on a ford chassis which has stickers in the windows saying it is fitted with a tracker, has anyone got a clue where this might be located on the van so i can get the details of the monitoring company to activate it in my name, there is no mention of it in the vehicle documents ?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I have recently bought a 2018 Chausson 630 on a ford chassis which has stickers in the windows saying it is fitted with a tracker, has anyone got a clue where this might be located on the van so i can get the details of the monitoring company to activate it in my name, there is no mention of it in the vehicle documents ?
Photo of the key fob or the signage could point us in the direction to be able to point you.

Alternatively, contact the person you bought it off, go for a spin without the tracker thingy and set it off. When teh monitoring company ring him/her up get him/her to say "There is a new owner, what do i have to do to pass on the tracker details ?"

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Highly unlikely you will find it unless you know exactly where to look.
Companies that fit trackers make a point of not fitting it in the same place every time.

As others have said a photo of the stickers and fob may give someone an idea of the supplier,
or
As has been suggested above, take off the fob, drive the van a few miles
and then wait for the dealer/previous owner to give you a call.

Who supplied the Alarm system ?
That may also be a clue

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Highly unlikely you will find it unless you know exactly where to look.
Companies that fit trackers make a point of not fitting it in the same place every time.

As others have said a photo of the stickers and fob may give someone an idea of the supplier,
or
As has been suggested above, take off the fob, drive the van a few miles
and then wait for the dealer/previous owner to give you a call.

Who supplied the Alarm system ?
That may also be a clue
not in my experience 90 percent will be under the dash its not a huge area to search most transits had them under the glove box

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
not in my experience 90 percent will be under the dash its not a huge area to search most transits had them under the glove box
That is concerning.
My tracker, which was fitted by a company well known on this forum, is nowhere near the dashboard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G
Oct 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
Vast
Thanks all for the replies, there is no fob with the keys, looking at the window stickers, they look like they are generic as they say the police are monitoring the vehicle, i bought this van off an Oxford dealer who said it had a Thatcham tracker fitted, now after phoning them today they are going to contact the last owner to check, on reflection i think it has no tracker, i think this is another little lie by a dealer who first advertised this van as a Titanium premium but on the recipt for the deposit listed it as a Flash which is the base model, so it looks like i will either have to get one fitted myself or incure higher insurance costs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back