Ceramic Coating on a Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
What’s people experience re the above, understand it can be expensive - but is it a clear step above having a full polish / valet done ?

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
What’s people experience re the above, understand it can be expensive - but is it a clear step above having a full polish / valet done ?

Someone posted a little while ago about having theirs done.

Not sure what you’d type in the search but you should get some results 👍

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
Is it not the same as cars. Had the car done with Diamondbrite and its still retaining the shine after 1 year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Calpe Spain
Funster No
MH
Benimar T483
Exp
Since 1980
We have just had ours done by Supremecoat in Dronfield.
After traveling up from Spain to see family and get a few other jobs done it was pretty filthy due to the weather in France and UK.
The main reason for the coating is to give us some UV protection here and the added benefit is the finish and ease of washing.
Also we took advantage of the discount given to Royandsharont who had theirs done first.
Thanks for that👍
It took about 6 Hours and the finish and attention to detail is spot on.
Very professional attitude.
You can also stay at their premises the night before by prior arrangement.
Just got back to Spain and I have just washed about 1500 miles of crud and traffic film off very easily. Particularly impressed how the alloys came up with just a sponge.
Another benefit is you don't have to use special shampoos or conditioning agents when washing. Just a good quality product is required.
All in all very pleased. Time will tell if money well spent but with the cost of cleaning products and waxes and hours spent on a step ladder with a polisher then I think it's money well spent. PXL_20221201_142008836.jpg

Sue and Rick

Free Member
Apr 20, 2022
Brighouse, UK
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 155 2016
Exp
Since 2020
I did my last estate car. 2 days prep. Obviously a mh or van wouldn’t need the attention to detail. I.e. swirl marks etc. A good quality 30 ml bottle of ceramic coating is about £100 so I would guess at maybe 3-4 for an average motorhome. Once the cleaning and prep work is done the coating is simple wipe on and buff when it cures. It’s all about the preparation, you need to get it spotlessly clean. Or pay someone.😉
It’s very good as a protective coating but wash with ph neutral shampoo. My car was still washing easily and looking good after 2 years. Even heavy rain would rinse off the dirt.

Reactions: f6c
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
HERE is my review of the coating I had done at new in July 22. Pleased rico got the discount and another Funster did contact me for the code and was booked in but didn’t get back to me with the result. For me personally I’m pleased I had it done & chose this company really based on how many motorbikes he does for their discerning owners.

Feb 3, 2020
hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hit the road in 2014
I got mine done at supreme coating would recommend them. I had tried every year to try and clean and polish the van using various polishes waxes and each time it looked nothing in fact it seemed to look a creamy colour rather than white. A day at supremecoat and what a difference really pleased with outcome considering 15 years old.

Jan 19, 2014
Calpe Spain
Funster No
MH
Benimar T483
Exp
Since 1980
£700 with the discount code I got from Royandsharont but it will depend on the original condition.
If you go on their website it gives you full details of the process.
As a few people have mentioned the preparation is the key to getting a proper job completed and these guys certainly know their stuff.
If you are interested just PM Royandsharont for the discount code.

OP
OP
M
Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
All, thanks for the feedback……

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Had mine done from new it was the Williams F1 ceramic coat excellent finish and has kept the Motorhome looking fab (4 years in) easy to wash etc. what’s not to like.

Jan 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
70s camper,Weinsberg
HERE is my review of the coating I had done at new in July 22. Pleased rico got the discount and another Funster did contact me for the code and was booked in but didn’t get back to me with the result. For me personally I’m pleased I had it done & chose this company really based on how many motorbikes he does for their discerning owners.
Spoke to them earlier and seem very professional but as always cost is a factor and the longevity. How has yours held up especially the roof bud ?

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry for the late reply. I am very pleased with mine bi washed it all today and feel it is certainly easier to keep clean and tge roof keeps much cleaner for far longer. If it had not been for dirty rain I don’t think it would need doing this last time. Looks much better if you can dry it off 😊

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back